It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Warhammer 40k: Carnage
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:27 pm 

Another iOS game based on GW games.

Anyone played it?
$9 with in-app purchases sounds right for GW :/

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 am 

I also saw the storm of vengeance as well. Has any on played that? SoV received 3 out of 10 on euro gamer

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:35 pm 

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is the only strategy game you need for the tablet :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:12 am 

Storm of Vengeance is a line game much the same as plants v zombies has a nice dark Angel story line but thats about it.

Prime Caine 2 - 1 Epic Caine 1 - 1 J Krane 1 -

Khador

Prime Butcher of Khardov 1
-0 Karchev the Terrible 0 - 0 Kommander A Zerkova 0 - 0

REDNECK RUMBLE 2011 & 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:39 am 

Quote:
In the hands of developer Eutechnyx, once famous for its driving games, now infamous for Ride to Hell: Retribution, Warhammer's florid, ferocious vision has been boiled down to... queuing.

Storm of Vengeance is, apparently, a "lane strategy game" which is a fancy way of saying "a bit like Plants vs Zombies". Instead of plants you have the Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes, and instead of zombies you have a rabble of greenskin Orks. To be even more precise, it takes its gameplay pretty much wholesale from Eutechnyx's own 2013 iOS game Ninja Cats vs Samurai Dogs, while its Warhammer credentials supposedly come from the 1997 Storm of Vengeance tabletop campaign. Fans are unlikely to recognise much beyond the name.
Which is a shame, because I like plants vs zombies.
Quote:
Warhammer 40,000: Carnage is a very straightforward action game that knows it, and maximizes the strengths it has.

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/warhamme ... z31e6qWals

When I say this game is straightforward, I mean it as literally as possible: players run forward, with no backtracking, like the original Super Mario Bros. The mission in each level is simple: get to the end, and hit or shoot everything that gets in the way until it is no longer in the way, because it has been vaporized. That’s every level. But the game at least makes the levels very short. Most missions should take a minute, the longest maybe three. As well, levels can be replayed with difficulty percentage modifiers and in alternate modes that make the enemies tougher in different ways, such as exploding upon death. It’s still playing the same game, but at least it’s not exactly the same every time. And while I certainly had in my mind “this is repetitive,” at least I found it kind of endearing.

The game oozes with brutality. Combos have the deep-voiced announcer constantly shouting things like “Brutality! Rampage!” It’s quite fitting. All the weapons are things like giant fists, chain swords, and all manner of things that certainly feel like they could mess someone up.

Sounds alright :D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm 

Location: Underneath Parliament House with a lot of explosives
Does anyone know any good iOS/Android game designers who could help them out? 8)

The best iOS interpretation of a GW game I have played is still Warhammer Quest. I have lost hours to that little game. And I've bought additional content. I don't see in-app purchases as a problem if I feel I am getting my money's worth.

I had Talisman Prologue too. And that wasn't that awesome, not so much because the game interpretation was flawed, it's more because Talisman was always a beer and pretzels game to me. It was at its most fun watching others' misfortune.

And now http://store.steampowered.com/app/540010

Current Status: Being a fierce game dev warrior.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm 

Quote:
Does anyone know any good iOS/Android game designers who could help them out? 8)
Well I do feel that from the point of view of simplicity of presentation, graphical elegance and pure playability they should have a word with whoever it is that made this App called 'Freedom Fall'. That would get them headed in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:27 pm 

Quote:

The best iOS interpretation of a GW game I have played is still Warhammer Quest. I have lost hours to that little game. And I've bought additional content. I don't see in-app purchases as a problem if I feel I am getting my money's worth.

I had Talisman Prologue too. And that wasn't that awesome, not so much because the game interpretation was flawed, it's more because Talisman was always a beer and pretzels game to me. It was at its most fun watching others' misfortune.
+1 warhammer quest... outside of the weapons I bought every other expansion and add on... I too have spent so much time on that game that when I bought a newer ipad I gave it too my wife so I could keep all my upgraded characters and not start again on the old one.

Chunks Directory

Current Hobby Projects

Redoing an entire Necron army so my first one can sit there and gather dust... Yeah I don't know why either