It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Mechwarrior Online
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am 

I have just given this free to play game a go and it is brilliant. seems to have stuck to the table game very well. can be addictive. really captures the different weight classes fantastically. my preferred mech is a light Jenner mech with 6 medium lasers. hard trying to not overheat. of course my pilots name is Rocdocta

anyone else play this? thoughts?

Spiv

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

Post subject: Re: Mechwarrior Online
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm 

I do, it's great fun and free to down load and play.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 pm 

Link or directions? Sounds like a mech fix without the cost.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm 

I just googled mechwarrior online. The set up is very straight forward. Patch and play!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm 

it can be found at the following:

http://mwomercs.com/

the game costs nothing to buy. The game costs nothing to play.

If you want to upgrade to better mechs you can fight in the free mechs provided or spend real cash to get mech warrior creds. i played for a bit on the free mechs and it was great. have splurged US$50 and bought some new mechs and exotic paint schemes. I jumped on another mech and tried death from above using jump jets...missed and died. Great fun that literally will not cost a cent to play unless you want it to. Cant say enough how impressed i am with it.

there are many good youtube vids and the tutorials are all videos that explain everything. it is classed as a simulation and not an arcade game. the assault mechs can easily box them selves into a corner and spend ages trying to get out of a dead end. the more nimble mechs can really control the battle until they do something silly. i was running circles around an atlas and wrecking its arms until i got cocky and was 1 shotted... prides itself as a thinking gamers FPS.

i was ambushed the other night when i saw a vulnerable lone lightmech by himself. i shot it up and gave chase. ran around the corner and straight into 3 heavier mechs as a trap. Ah crap. pew pew pew! mechwarrior rocdocta has died...

a really good idea is that the battlegrounds have dynamic weather and lighting so one day it may be snow and dawn with low visibility and the next game it is hot and night.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm 

Been playn it just as closed beta began it has evolved quite a bit. so far i am a master pilot with hunchbacks and cataphracts. Call sign is Action man :-), thing to note due to severe server lag for us aussies anticipate and lead your shots or use lock on weapons. Streak srms make victims cry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm 

its funny, for me its like some sort of hidden secret. never knew about it until i stumbled on a youtube video. then thought. That. looks. awesome. took literally 15 mins to download and start playing.

Post subject: Mechwarrior Online
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 pm 

I saw this aaaaages ago when someone posted a video about it on another forum. Then i forgot about it while waiting for its release. Thank you so much for the reminder! I'm going to go start downloading it now!

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 pm 

signed up.
bit sad as someone beat me to using my screen name :-(

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 pm 

Haven't played since the Beta Testing, but patched it last night and gave it a run.... enjoying it more then before but I still wish there was a way to view your mech from the outside instead of the cockpit.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 pm 

+1 to that.

However I every game i see my mech from the outside when i see.......

"You are dead"

seriously though i cant see them allowing a 3rd person view as it would remove the limited view of the world aspect and you could track the pack of lights swarming your atlas. I would love to what my mech looks like for the camo. i like blocky urban in black grey white but is it effective? Oh well have to trust to my 118km/hr and AMS to save me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 am 

Quote:
+1 to that.

However I every game i see my mech from the outside when i see.......

"You are dead"

seriously though i cant see them allowing a 3rd person view as it would remove the limited view of the world aspect and you could track the pack of lights swarming your atlas. I would love to what my mech looks like for the camo. i like blocky urban in black grey white but is it effective? Oh well have to trust to my 118km/hr and AMS to save me.
Hah, don't go on the official forums saying you want third person. The crazy rabid fanbase will eat you alive. The devs are talking about adding it though. I personally prefer the cockpit view.

You guys should come play with my Merc Corp. ARMD.net.au

It's much more fun when you play in a group and use teamspeak to coordinate :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 am 

i will look up merc corp and give it a go. it is a bit boring just doing pugs. would love to do voice chat during.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 am 

Quote:

i cant find the group. do you have the full web address? never mind, found it.

do you have to use the mech colour schemes? or is it a "nice to do but not mandatory?" i really like my vagabond camo with black white and orange as it looks like a snow tiger when done right and it gets a lot of compliments on how cool it looks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:52 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

i cant find the group. do you have the full web address? never mind, found it.

do you have to use the mech colour schemes? or is it a "nice to do but not mandatory?" i really like my vagabond camo with black white and orange as it looks like a snow tiger when done right and it gets a lot of compliments on how cool it looks.
Hmmm this is it copied and pasted from the url. http://armd.net.au/index.php and this is our forums http://armd.net.au/modules.php?name=Forums

There is a merc colour scheme but I believe the only time you have to use it is for like official events and the like.

We mainly use the Nogutsnogalaxy teamspeak which is
voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992 and password: mechwarrior (i think haha)

We also have our own channel which is
203.88.125.128:9876 (no password)

You'll find people on the NGNG mainly unless we're doing some organised event.