It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:02 am 

I used to play a lot of 40k (2nd ed to 5th ed), then I started feeling like the game was becoming tactically boring and I just sorta stopped playing. I used to love necromunda, so I love skirmish level as well as narrative games.

Since then I've moved onto playing warmachine (Cryx, Khador, & Gators), I love the feeling that no mater how well/badly a game is going for me there's still a chance that a slip-up or a hail mary can win/lose you the game.
I've also just recently gotten my fiancee started too (she chose Menoth).

In the past I've normally played games around friends houses but not many of them play anymore, and the few that do still mostly play 40k. When I've had time between major projects (I'm a mechanical engineer) I've tried to made it down to good games on wednesday, which I think I've managed to do twice in 6 months.

Reading around the westgamer forums I've discovered TGA south and outpost 6030 are just near my house (I live in south perth), so I might go check them out now that I've got some time.

Also I'm thinking of starting to dabble in malifaux, the new plastics and fluff have me sort of entranced.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:35 am 
Site Admin

Totally understand the attraction to the Malifaux models - the new plastics are just flat out amazing.

Well, if Malifaux and Warmachine are your jam - you've definitely picked the right area for it! You'll find extremely dedicated followings for both here on WestGamer and in Perth in general.

Welcome to the forums!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am 

We've got a very strong Warmachine community. Lots of tourneys, home games, etc. Come play. New blood always welcome.

The best two places are:

Good Games st James, Wednesday from whenever people show up. Usually about 4-5pm.

Gamertorium, Thursday, opens 630. It's mostly a Warmachine and board games place, but whatever is welcome. I always forget the address because I live nearby and just drive there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 am 

Gamertorium is on the corner of Beaufort St and First Ave in the Hungarian Community Hall. Its set back from the street behind an empty lot that used to be a park.