It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:16 pm 

Im up for a game. 2000pts?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm 

I think Westgamer stills needs to be used because not everyone has Facebook and I think there are a few flaws.

Facebook has a problem where the posts of that particular page can be drowned out by other feeds. Event invites likewise are very easy to miss as I get invited to all these random events every week that I never end up attending. I can also easily search for a thread that I have posted in on a forum so it is always easy to find, facebook doesnt have a very good tracking system. Also as an organiser of one I find it a better estimate of attendance if you actually hear from that particular person on a forum rather than just clicking a button on facebook and then they might show up.

I put threads on 4 forums (Mantic, TGA, Australia and WG), facebook main Kings of War feed twice and got posters up at Tactics, and all of those did grab a player from each one excepting the poster and the dead Australian forum. It was a lot of work but it worked out in the end.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:00 pm 

Sounds good!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm 

Personally I much prefer forums (as you say, so much easier to find and track stuff). Just been my experience with the games I play that over the last year forum activity has plumated and Facebook activity is up.

Part of it may be the ease of uploading pictures to Facebook directly from devices rather than having to host things for forums. This is great for hobby pics and also battle pictures/rules questions.......but is rubbish for any sort of in depth discussion.