It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Save it for the game!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:23 pm 

Well.

I finally got around to purchasing the game last night. Left it to download overnight. Although it all got off to a pretty rocky start, I am now truly loving it!!! My lappy doesn't meet the minimum requirements, and started out incredibly glitchy. I thought I had just wasted a large amount of money for something that wouldn't really work until I got back to Perth. I suddenly had an idea that all gaming troubleshooters tell you: if the game is glitchy and graphics are jumpy, lower all video options. I lowered everything to zero, and it worked almost perfectly.

So... What is the story with the Westgamer league? Is there a second campaign starting up Mal? Would be great to get in my BB up here in Moora. If not, I'm sure a few organised online games would be swell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Well, there is no WestGamer league - there is however a World's End Radio league. Our first group of 32 is full, but there may be another one open soon. I will announce here if we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 pm 

World's End Radio League... what's up with round 2 matches? According to the server, my second match was tied? I haven't even played it.

Malignant: do you, as the league 'commissioner', have the option to force a result if not played? There are at least 5 matches left in round one, and I'm not sure if we can play round 2 matches with these ones still outstanding. What powers (if any) does the server provide you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 am 

Like wise - my round 1 game was 'a draw' when i logged in last night... yet i still have not heard from my opponent!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:55 am 

Was that the Skavenblight Skramblers by any chance Mike? If so, all of their games are nil all draws for the season, including my round 2 game against them :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 am 

might have been... i know it was a skaven team...

Maybe he left the league?

If so they should be 2-0 wins to the remaining coach as per a forfiet IMO

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:28 pm 

Or a substitute coach (ME!!) can be allowed to enter the league in his place as I missed out :(

Cheers
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 pm 

your not the only one Rob. Actually signed up as soon as the invite went out and then had trouble accessing private league list for some reason......bring on the 2nd league!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm 

I'd be happy to create a new league but already have one going. Fanglord or Centurions, if either of you want to create a new league for WA-based players (I imagine it's the international flavour of World's End that is causing the scheduling problems) then I'd be happy to sign up. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm 

Ah the joys of being a league commissioner :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 pm 

I will make a league when I am back in Perth on Thursday :) Got that long to think of a cool name for it too. Permission to use Westgamer name? :mrgreen:

Suggestions for league name?

Cheers
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 pm 

It begins and ends with 'Collapsible Rat'. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:46 am 

Not to be a nay saying but after first trying the online league option for the game its very unlikely I'll be going back, its not because of the game its the players in this case that has wrecked the experience for me.

I have tried to play 4 games now and only 1 has gone through to completion as the other 3 have decided to yank their cables out and disconnect when things started going bad for them, that and the constant bitching about dice rolls, I mean yes dice can be fickle but come on no need to carry on like children.

One guy in a 2 minute turn spent about 40 seconds of it bitching about his luck so no wonder the game went south for him if he doesn't spend the time it takes to complete his cage so I can easily move in and 2D block the ball carrier!

As i said about its my first try and it and I'm a bit pissed about it at the moment maybe I'll cool off in a few days but at the moment it has served as a reminder as to why I stopped playing computer games in favor of tabletop ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 am 

Quote:
I have tried to play 4 games now and only 1 has gone through to completion as the other 3 have decided to yank their cables out and disconnect when things started going bad for them
Wow, that is really bad sportsmanship. Even my meager suggestion may continue to ruin the experience for you. Take a screen shot at the begining or end of every turn, report their bitching (can you not turn the chat function off?).

See you on the tabletop pitch!