It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: DE suggested skill ups?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:42 pm 

Hey guys just wondering if the standard dodge/block upgrades are worth it for darl elves? i am going for wrestle on a witch elf. are assasains crap or is it just me? how about piling on with a double?

i want to give kick to a liney but am waiting till all have at least dodge first.

nerves o steel is looking good too.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 pm 

I found this: http://bbtactics.com/strategy/players/dark-elf-players/ quite a nice read.

Dodge is almost a no brainer on the first couple of blitzers. On the witch elves, one wrestler and one with block seems pretty good. NOS is awesome on a runner along with pass. I'm not sure which I'd get first but I lean towards NOS. With a kick lino I had a similar mindset except I wanted him to have block or wrestle before giving him kick. I'd suggest getting one wrestle lino asap for when you want to knock a guy with block down but the frenzy of your wrestling witch elf is a liability (situations where if they don't knock a guy down with the first block they face a 2 or 3 dice against with the followup block).

I wan't to take an assassin but I just can't justify it, especially in the dungeon bowl. In a non dungeon bowl pitch they could be alright if you are lucky enough to roll doubles for multi bock. Of course skilling up won't be as fast if you're only stabbing stuff. Until they get a couple skills I see them as an over priced inferior lineman.

----------

On a side note, I'm starting to think Dark Elves need a bit more bite if they want to have longevity in a league setting. The best way to survive over time is to crunch the other guy first. Exactly how to accomplish this is the trick and something I need to think more on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 pm 

Getting Kick on a Lineman is one of the first skills I recommend. Kick only works if you're not on the LoS, and I find ball placement can really be maximised with the high speed of Dark Elves.

The link provided is also very comprehensive as well :) I would avoid Piling On simply because it leaves you on the ground, which will result in people kicking you hard! I generally only run Piling On if I have Mighty Blow and Jump Up. Assassins are great, most things that are annoying to hit ie blodgers, normally have low AV. Plus doubles on an Assassin for Multi Block is just rude. I've had my Mino/Norse Yeti KO'd 1st round so many times by a bloody Assassin...

The thing I find with Dark Elves is they are fantastic on defence, and then following up with a quick counter touch down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:31 am 

Wrestle on a witch elf is fantastic gives her both protection from block and being able to drag down those blodging ball carriers combined with jump up and dodge shes very good at what she does.

I would definately go kick on a lino even before wrestle or block, its a good skill for the team and if you wait to have 2 skills on a lino before you get it you could be waiting awhile as most of the SSPs tend to get hogged by the blitzers.

I've also been a fan of having one guy with leap on elf teams, good for getting into a cage or over a defensive position although it has a tendency to chew up the rerolls.

Never bothered with an assasin the way I see it even against armour 7 its a slightly less that 50% chance of getting through and if he fails then next turn hes being punched in the face and without dodge or block probably hitting the ground in the dungeon.

With a double on an elf I almost always give guard no matter who it is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 am 

I know everyone says to get kick on a Dark Elf lino straight up, but I just don't see it as being quite as vital as with the other elf teams. The other elf teams have that extra bit of speed that seems to make kick that much better.

I am probably just using it incorrectly.

I agree on the usefulness of an elf with leap 100%. I also agree 90% with giving whomever rolls doubles guard. I'd have the slightest hesitation to do that with witchelves. Some of the other strength skills would just look so nice coupled with their starter skills. Of course if I'd had bad luck rolling doubles prior to that I wouldn't hesitate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:55 pm 

depending on who gets the double, witch elves go for mighty blow, assassins multi block, linemen guard and blitzers you can go guard, mighty blow or something else depending how you team is/what you want your team as. assissans need skillups yet they struggle to skill up once they get their first skill they get better skills you might want to think of giving are multi block if you get a double, tackle as it goes very well with shadowing and jump up as you get to stab people when you get up. If you can get mv its nice but if you get it on a double 5 choose multi block as multi block is more useful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm 

[quote="Runejack"]I know everyone says to get kick on a Dark Elf lino straight up, but I just don't see it as being quite as vital as with the other elf teams. The other elf teams have that extra bit of speed that seems to make kick that much better..[/quot

I like kick but it isnt an earth shattering skill - it worked brill for Sundogs undead in our rd 3 match (and his isnt a fast team) but in dungeon you dont (generally) have to worry about the ball going out of play if you place it in your opponents end zone so you can afford to wait until a lineman gets a second skill up this season or first skill up next season if your taking the team again on the grass pitch.

note - I consider kick a must first team skill in bloodbowl 7's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

note - I consider kick a must first team skill in bloodbowl 7's
I'd love to read a write-up on BB7 strategy!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 pm 

Guard on any elf on a double? Really? If I roll a double for a thrower, I'll be taking Strong Arm. Add that to Accurate... throwing Long Bombs on a 3 with a re-roll... hell get +1 AG, with that combo and throw a long bomb on a two with a re-roll...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:03 pm 

Quote:
Guard on any elf on a double? Really? If I roll a double for a thrower, I'll be taking Strong Arm. Add that to Accurate... throwing Long Bombs on a 3 with a re-roll... hell get +1 AG, with that combo and throw a long bomb on a two with a re-roll...
+1 (re throwers) both my throwers in the Virgins (elf) have stong arm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 pm 

Never had a thrower get a double before but to be honest I'd still be tempted to guard him up and give him something to do on defense.

In my own experience if I need to throw over a short pass I'm generally looking for a closer player to give the ball to then he runs and hands off, so I've never really played the long bomb passing game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm 

dark elves don't have throwers unless you want to skill up a runner to be a thrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:29 pm 

Quote:
dark elves don't have throwers unless you want to skill up a runner to be a thrower
you see, i see the runner as a catcher. so i would skill up a line elf with pass on a double. or failing that, buy a second runner and give him pass.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit