[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Da Boot Cup - Seesun Too Rulz Reevoo - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:27 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:22 pm 

So, we are getting to the pointy end of the season now and there's demand for a Seesun Too so, time for a bit of a rules review.

Current roolz sayz...

Amacha Leeg:
No rerolls! No Cheerleaders! No Assistant Coaches! No Star Players!

The heart of Da Boot Cup. Can't see any of this changing unless there a riot lot of demand

Size:
6 teams! Register fast ! If it proves popular I will look to more teams & more seasons

Ok, so this obviously needs to grow, but to how big? Too big and we will never launch, but I don't want too many people to miss out.
Should we open it up to Australia? NZ Night Owls?
Post your season 2 interest here.

Time:
Weekly turn around, Max 4 minute turns (although I doubt you will need it)

Any desire to bring it down to 2 minutes? 4 minutes makes it more social IMO, time to grab a beer or make a bathroom run if req'd :P

Teems:
Stunty Teams Only, goblins preferred :P I can't actually enforce that, but non-stunty teams will simply not be accepted.
Technically that's Goblins, Halflings, Ogres & Lizardmen with no Saurus, but this season we had only halflings and Goblins. Do we want to limit it to just Goblins & Halflings or keep it open for the snots & skinks? Should Ogre teams have their Ogres limited?

Spendin Tresh Da Loot:
It wasn't clear to me at the start of the season that expended treasury doesn't balance inducments like it should. Regardless I feel player should be allowed to spend treasury at any time on any inducements not specifically banned by the rules of the competition (ie Extra Training & Star Players + Mercenaries). Thoughts?

Uvva Fings: aka Noo Roolz
Are we talking starting from scratch for season 2, or should existing teams be allowed to continue? What about other teams new to the league but have already played games (If there are indeed any coaches out there with a stunty team that has no rerolls). What Team Value Limits should apply?

Should there be a skill limit on players? ie no more than 2? 3? skills

Not sure about the "enforcability" of some of these rules, so they may be gentlemen's agreements.

Any other new rules? Suggestions? Observations?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 pm 

More teams definately and I always play 2 minute turns online as too many people dawdle and diddle about. GET ON WITH IT!!!

Cheers
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 pm 

I prefer the 4 minutes as it is a social league and with no rerolls turns can last for 1 players action anyway. I definitely agree in increasing the number playing. Is there a day turn around? Haven't really noticed if it's a week or 2 weeks. Felt like 1 at the beginning and with this league and I think it should stay like that. Games are quick & makes the season quick.

With the slow progression and the rapid casualty count, I don't think new teams are going to be handicapped playing an existing team so I think we keep our teams going.

Just my 2cents worth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 pm 

Count me interested for season 2. I'd go for a 12 team league, 16 if there are a lot of people wnating in, but no more.
Skinks and Kroxi Lizardman teams should be in, but I would be iffy about Ogres - too many Big Guys. If you want to allow them limit them to two just like Halflings and Goblins Big Guys.
I prefer the 4-minute turn. I almost never use it up, but it allows for interruptions and unforseen problems without having to sacrifice a turn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 am 

Quote:
Count me interested for season 2. I'd go for a 12 team league, 16 if there are a lot of people wnating in, but no more.
Skinks and Kroxi Lizardman teams should be in, but I would be iffy about Ogres - too many Big Guys. If you want to allow them limit them to two just like Halflings and Goblins Big Guys.
I prefer the 4-minute turn. I almost never use it up, but it allows for interruptions and unforseen problems without having to sacrifice a turn.
But then for Ogre teams they have the issue where against the rest of them teams Halfings and Gobbos have 2 blocks against.

Besides having a gobbo with dauntless is awesome :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:05 pm 

I think all the current roolz work, and weekly turnaround is good. More teams = better, with divisions of 6 teams max so that a season takes month and a half to play tops.

Returning teams for shiz, otherwise turn off skill advancements (if possible) and deaths, just go regen league... but I prefer to have injuries, deaths, and SPPs mean something.

Sign me up for season 2! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:00 pm 

I'd be interested in a skink team for season 2.

I would think that an Ogre team should probably be limited to 2 Ogres and the rest snotlings.

By "No Re-Rolls" does that mean we can't buy them as an inducement?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:40 pm 

Correct, the only way you can get rerolls is through the kickoff table, and they are like gold when you get them :)

Only Inducments permitted are:
- Wizard
- Wandering Apothecary
- Bribes
- Bloodweiser Babes
- Halfling Chef

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable