It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 pm 

Gets to log on after work, son's soccer, dinner, clean up cat mess, clean up son mess, clean up son, put son to bed ... and the spots are gone. Curses! I didn't want to play anyway ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm 

Sorry man, but I am hoping the hunger will drive the inaugral season of Da Boot Cup along at a blistering pace and we can kick off a second season in a few weeks :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:47 pm 

hehe np. I was just giving you heck for having a clever idea before Noon. Everyone knows clever ideas are supposed to be saved for around 3:45 Friday afternoon!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:47 pm 

Well Bad Moon Midgets beat the Blue Orcland Packriots 2-0 tonight.

I was too busy laughing at goblins falling about the place like clowns and bombs exploding all over the pitch... till I fumbled it... and I was still laughing :P Double Skulls, Triple Skulls... mean time the Midgets are going for it and pulling off single dice blocks :shock:

Couple of pointers on the not-so-intuitive-french-designed-interface;
:mrgreen: To play you go to "play" pick your team and hit play match (with me so far?) your opponent needs to keep an eye out for a not so obvious pop-up as far away as possible from the chat window in the bottom RH corner.
:mrgreen: Training *may* be available as an option under inducements. I have no idea what that means... do we want to use it? Its seems it's enabled?? Resist until we have a consensus.. or even a clear idea if it's an option :roll:
:mrgreen: I still need to approve matches just like BRAWL, so be patient, I won't be able to update those results anywhere near as quickly as BRAWL. Until I approve the match you wont be able to update your roster.

:!: "Round 1" is due Tuesday/Wednesday. I have no idea what to expect from the system. I don't know if it will update automagically or whetehr I have to force a result. Dodge the bullet, get the games in :P

Have fun! I'm still laughing at Goblin incompetance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:34 am 

should be playing tonight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:56 am 

My first and only skill up from the match was a +1 agi on a gobbo BRILLIANT! :twisted:

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 pm 

its was a draw, hilarious how many dodge and pick ups we failed and landing rolls for me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 pm 

yes, quite hilarious game. Failed fanatic, failed chainsaw. trolls constantly on the ground or suffering from really stupid. Not too mention the failed pick up on turn 16 in the end zone to win the game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am 

Spoke with Talanis last night and his match is scheduled for Thursday.

Given that's in breah of the 1 week limit... I'm going to let it go an see what happens! (This is a Goblin Leeg after all... what did you expect? Professionalism? :P)

However, pending how much of an oppertunity I have for Manual intervention this week, all future games will be kicked over on a Wednesday night - no questions asked - if the system hasn't already done it.

The sooner we rock though this season the sooner we can open it up to more players who missed out this time around :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:03 pm 

Its penciled in for Friday actually but well see if it gets squashed or not time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm 

do you know who is playing who for next round?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 pm 

Hmm... yes I do, and I assumed everyone else could see it :wink:

If you go to "Leagues" then select "Calender" you should be able to see all the matches. I say "should" because I can see them, and have to hit yet another button to "Manage the League" but given all the other non-intuitiveness of the interface I wouldn't be surprised if you can't see all the match-up's.

Of course, server is down for maintenance so I can't look it up and post any screenies :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 pm 

In. Friggin'. Sane. :lol:

One all draw between Talanis and me (managed to play tonight). Talanis gets one up in the first half, and then I kick to him. I manage to sack his ball carrier one square from HIS OWN end zone. The ball goes out of bounds (as I knew it would) and the crowd kicks it in.

... TO THE MIDDLE OF MY HALF OF THE PITCH!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good and bad luck abounded, and the game took about an hour to play (second half longer than the first), but it was awesome fun. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:29 am 

:lol: That Fan's got Talent! Hire him as a kicker!! :P

Match results approved and the season kicked on a day! Rock on!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 pm 

Halflings got smashed tonight 2-0 to the Blue Orcland Packriots. Fortunately for The Half Squats not too much lasting damage.

Here's the season match-up's & results to date.

.. and just to go one up on Bruno my 1st skill up for the season was +1 AG on a Pogoer :mrgreen: The team have bought him a new shirt ...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next