[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sandgroper Cup 7, Big and Nasty... - Page 21 - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm 

I agree with reaper, I prefer the table method

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm 

Table method is the go and forces you to go a little quicker as the next person could easily swoop in and nick the one you were mulling over.

I already know the 2 skills I want and will now wait and see where I am on Saturday evening to see if my plans have changed

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm 

Quote:
I already know the 2 skills I want and will now wait and see where I am on Saturday evening to see if my plans have changed
Ditto Rob and as i said most of us know what we want. It's simply a matter of trying to find it on the table that slows a lot of us down :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:41 pm 

i like the idea of 10 second player name call...that should definitely help speed things up...should definitely get ppl moving to grab that all important skill before the next big hairy BB coach tries to steal it from them :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:49 pm 

Quote:
Well I'll buy you a drink instead then Dave. If everyone paid you this way you may not be rich but you won't care :)
Done!
Quote:
Funny you should mention that.... Can I please borrow that beast of nurgle again??? ;)
Sure. Do you want the multi-limbed spawn you've borrowed before or the mighty tapeworm?

Anyone else? Seriously, I have teams all you need is to buy the ticket :D
Quote:
i like the idea of 10 second player name call...that should definitely help speed things up...should definitely get ppl moving to grab that all important skill before the next big hairy BB coach tries to steal it from them :)
The only thing I would add is once you have your skill you move to the back of the pack. That will get people out of the way AND if you're an organised enough mob actually have you ordered for the next pick! I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm 

Quote:
Sure. Do you want the multi-limbed spawn you've borrowed before or the mighty tapeworm?

I think I will go with the usual beast/spawn... he has played enough to feel like part of the team now ;)

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 pm 

Quote:
I think I will go with the usual beast/spawn... he has played enough to feel like part of the team now ;)
Done. Although the Hackers will remember this... well... the tapeworm might... because most of the rest of the teams brains have gone to mush ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 pm 

10 seconds is what was done by default the last two years! You wait to pick ... you lose real quick!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 pm 

I think some people get upset as they can't get to the table quickly to make their choice as the rabble around the table is unrelently and will stand their ground to fight for a good choice.

Maybe if people were lined up in order so they didn't have to fight the crowd. File through with 10 secs to grab your choice, don't make your choice in time and its to the back of the line.

ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:17 pm 

Quote:
I think some people get upset as they can't get to the table quickly to make their choice as the rabble around the table is unrelently and will stand their ground to fight for a good choice.

Maybe if people were lined up in order so they didn't have to fight the crowd. File through with 10 secs to grab your choice, don't make your choice in time and its to the back of the line.
if that was the case I would allow a longer time frame, as people can decide before getting there.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 pm 

Have spent most of the evening packing "showbags" for the event. Almost there. Unfortunately the resin markers haven't turned up yet. Fingers crossed they get here tomorrow. :D

With only 30 players there should be a bit more room, so that everyone can spread around the draft table. I think it'll work fine.

I'll be at the venue around 2pm tomorrow afternoon, if anyone wants to come down and help set up the tables, and maybe have a drink afterwards.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 am 

Quote:
Have spent most of the evening packing "showbags" for the event. Almost there. Unfortunately the resin markers haven't turned up yet. Fingers crossed they get here tomorrow. :D

With only 30 players there should be a bit more room, so that everyone can spread around the draft table. I think it'll work fine.

I'll be at the venue around 2pm tomorrow afternoon, if anyone wants to come down and help set up the tables, and maybe have a drink afterwards.
I will be starting leave so I might be able to come down and give you a hand. Would be really cool if I could pick up the new pitch at the same time.

ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:19 am 

Quote:
I will be starting leave so I might be able to come down and give you a hand. Would be really cool if I could pick up the new pitch at the same time.
No worries, I have the pitch's with me so you can grab it then.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 am 

Quote:
I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)
what r u worried about, Cheats will be taking first pick cause we all know they will be in last place at the end of the first day :)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:23 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)
what r u worried about, Cheats will be taking first pick cause we all know they will be in last place at the end of the first day :)
CHeats by name, Cheats by nature.... :lol:

Good news, a parcel from Spain has arrived, so the markers are here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next