[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sandgroper Cup 7, Big and Nasty... - Page 21 - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:44 am
Posts: 511
I agree with reaper, I prefer the table method


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:13 am
Posts: 2185
Table method is the go and forces you to go a little quicker as the next person could easily swoop in and nick the one you were mulling over.

I already know the 2 skills I want and will now wait and see where I am on Saturday evening to see if my plans have changed

_________________
Sandgroper Cup 7 & Redneck Rumble 2013 - Double Crown! (Skaven - Warpstone Cometeers)
BRAWL league winner (2 seasons)
Blood Bowl Fanatic!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 1075
Quote:
I already know the 2 skills I want and will now wait and see where I am on Saturday evening to see if my plans have changed
Ditto Rob and as i said most of us know what we want. It's simply a matter of trying to find it on the table that slows a lot of us down :)

_________________
Bloodbowl is a sport of violence, exclusion, and degradation. And that's just off the pitch.
1st Place Loser WAFFL Open Season 1


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:00 pm
Posts: 3401
i like the idea of 10 second player name call...that should definitely help speed things up...should definitely get ppl moving to grab that all important skill before the next big hairy BB coach tries to steal it from them :)

_________________
Religion - the ancient world's equivalent of fandoms!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 pm
Posts: 5800
Location: https://advanceop.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Well I'll buy you a drink instead then Dave. If everyone paid you this way you may not be rich but you won't care :)
Done!
Quote:
Funny you should mention that.... Can I please borrow that beast of nurgle again??? ;)
Sure. Do you want the multi-limbed spawn you've borrowed before or the mighty tapeworm?

Anyone else? Seriously, I have teams all you need is to buy the ticket :D
Quote:
i like the idea of 10 second player name call...that should definitely help speed things up...should definitely get ppl moving to grab that all important skill before the next big hairy BB coach tries to steal it from them :)
The only thing I would add is once you have your skill you move to the back of the pack. That will get people out of the way AND if you're an organised enough mob actually have you ordered for the next pick! I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)

_________________
Image
Maxim 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.' - Schlock Mercenary
Hobby Bloggin


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:26 pm
Posts: 1897
Quote:
Sure. Do you want the multi-limbed spawn you've borrowed before or the mighty tapeworm?

I think I will go with the usual beast/spawn... he has played enough to feel like part of the team now ;)

Cheers.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 pm
Posts: 5800
Location: https://advanceop.wordpress.com/
Quote:
I think I will go with the usual beast/spawn... he has played enough to feel like part of the team now ;)
Done. Although the Hackers will remember this... well... the tapeworm might... because most of the rest of the teams brains have gone to mush ;)

_________________
Image
Maxim 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.' - Schlock Mercenary
Hobby Bloggin


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:32 pm
Posts: 2437
10 seconds is what was done by default the last two years! You wait to pick ... you lose real quick!

_________________
WWW.SANDGROPERCUP.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 799
Location: Left side of Australia
I think some people get upset as they can't get to the table quickly to make their choice as the rabble around the table is unrelently and will stand their ground to fight for a good choice.

Maybe if people were lined up in order so they didn't have to fight the crowd. File through with 10 secs to grab your choice, don't make your choice in time and its to the back of the line.

_________________
BRAWL S:11 Spike! Trophy & S:13 Chaos Cup Champion - Old Coast Titans
Sandgroper Cup 7 Stunty Cup Champion - Da Kult of Pursonalatee
ASC3 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 1st place overall
ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3347
Quote:
I think some people get upset as they can't get to the table quickly to make their choice as the rabble around the table is unrelently and will stand their ground to fight for a good choice.

Maybe if people were lined up in order so they didn't have to fight the crowd. File through with 10 secs to grab your choice, don't make your choice in time and its to the back of the line.
if that was the case I would allow a longer time frame, as people can decide before getting there.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: The Bloodbowl Pitch
Have spent most of the evening packing "showbags" for the event. Almost there. Unfortunately the resin markers haven't turned up yet. Fingers crossed they get here tomorrow. :D

With only 30 players there should be a bit more room, so that everyone can spread around the draft table. I think it'll work fine.

I'll be at the venue around 2pm tomorrow afternoon, if anyone wants to come down and help set up the tables, and maybe have a drink afterwards.

_________________
Spikey Balls, Chainsaws and Pogo Sticks! What more could you want from a game?

Image
WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 799
Location: Left side of Australia
Quote:
Have spent most of the evening packing "showbags" for the event. Almost there. Unfortunately the resin markers haven't turned up yet. Fingers crossed they get here tomorrow. :D

With only 30 players there should be a bit more room, so that everyone can spread around the draft table. I think it'll work fine.

I'll be at the venue around 2pm tomorrow afternoon, if anyone wants to come down and help set up the tables, and maybe have a drink afterwards.
I will be starting leave so I might be able to come down and give you a hand. Would be really cool if I could pick up the new pitch at the same time.

_________________
BRAWL S:11 Spike! Trophy & S:13 Chaos Cup Champion - Old Coast Titans
Sandgroper Cup 7 Stunty Cup Champion - Da Kult of Pursonalatee
ASC3 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 1st place overall
ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: The Bloodbowl Pitch
Quote:
I will be starting leave so I might be able to come down and give you a hand. Would be really cool if I could pick up the new pitch at the same time.
No worries, I have the pitch's with me so you can grab it then.

_________________
Spikey Balls, Chainsaws and Pogo Sticks! What more could you want from a game?

Image
WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:00 pm
Posts: 3401
Quote:
I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)
what r u worried about, Cheats will be taking first pick cause we all know they will be in last place at the end of the first day :)

_________________
Religion - the ancient world's equivalent of fandoms!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: The Bloodbowl Pitch
Quote:
Quote:
I just hope there are some decent picks left by the time the Cheats get to choose ;)
what r u worried about, Cheats will be taking first pick cause we all know they will be in last place at the end of the first day :)
CHeats by name, Cheats by nature.... :lol:

Good news, a parcel from Spain has arrived, so the markers are here. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
Spikey Balls, Chainsaws and Pogo Sticks! What more could you want from a game?

Image
WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next

All times are UTC+08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited