[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sandgroper Cup 6, the battle of the hair... - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:36 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:09 pm 

Sandgroper Cup 6

Welcome sports fans to the 6th Sandgroper Cup.

This years event will be held on the 19th and 20th of May, at the Albion Hotel, Cottesloe. This year will be even bigger and better than last year.

Basic Rules
> Rules and teams from the Competition Rule Pack
> Resurrection style tournament
> 1.2 million rosters
> You can assign 6 normal skills, 1 each to 6 separate players
> Max 1 star player may be purchased
> 7 games over 2 days
> In the first round you may issue a grudge match challenge
> At the end of Day 1 there will be a 2 round draft of new skills/stats
> Cost $50
> For an extra $20 you can also order an exclusive Sandgroper Cup 6 T-Shirt when you buy your ticket.

Exclusive Limited Edition Miniature
As per the past years, we are giving away a free miniature to all players. This year we would like to introduce you to Sandy Groper. This years figure was again drawn by our artist, Christian Schwager.

A sculpt has then been done based on this drawing, by Sebastian Archer. This sculpt is off being cast at the moment. We will have only 200 of them and the only way to guarantee you get one is to play in the tournament. If there are any left afterwards, they will be sold off.

Open Night
After the draft has concluded there will be an open night. This is open to anyone, not just the players in the tournament. It is your chance to play some social games of Bloodbowl in a great environment. Also available will be a Deathbowl pitch, some Dungeonbowl tiles and BB7's pitches for alternate games. You are also able to use different teams to the ones you are using in the tournament. You are also welcome to bring and play other games.

Worlds End Radio
During the open night, and maybe at other random times throughout the weekend, the guys from Worlds End Radio will be doing some recordings for an episode of their show. You can check out some of their work at http://www.worldsendradio.com

Tickets are available for purchase now online at http://www.sandgropercup.com They will also be available from Tactics. These tickets will be distributed to the store during the week. You can also get them from any of the Commissioners in person. You can download the full players pack from here http://www.sandgropercup.com/downloads/ ... s_Pack.pdf

18+
The Sandgroper Cup is held at a Licensed venue, and therefore all players must be at least 18 years old, or have a legal guardian with them.

The only question remaining is...

Do You Have The Balls?

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm 

so we go from 6 games to 7? 4 games in one day is a little to much for some of us, in particular those with families. I was really hoping it would stay at 6 :(

6 starting skills? I can now see a sandgroper dominated by tier 1 teams such as skaven and elves.

The limited edition model looks kinda cool.

Did tickets cost $50 last year? Cant remember

And Cottesloe? ok.....................

Not sure if I shall come to this one or not

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 am 

6 starting skills? I can now see a sandgroper dominated by tier 1 teams such as skaven and elves.

not true, the first thing i thought about was which teams, that i wouldn't normally take due to limited skills, are now a viable option.

6 ogres start with a skill each
6 saurus with block
6 skills on 2x w/wolf, 2x ghoul, flesh golem
with 6 skills im even thinking about bringing the Bane Chaos dwarfs onto the pitch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:22 am 

Quote:
Did tickets cost $50 last year? Cant remember
been that as long as i recall and thats a while

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am 

The biggest question is not should I buy a ticket or not, it's how soon willthe challenge be put out there...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am 

It looks like I might be able to attend this as I am being switched to the other crew for about 4 months :D

Will know when my ticket is bought ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 am 

All changes were discussed by the Commissioners before going ahead, and are based on feedback received.

7 games was felt necessary to help split the top teams. As Sandgroper has grown, having 5 rounds to decide the final, is meaning a lot of tiebreakers are used in the end. The extra round should hopefully help with that. If you notice on the schedule, it will be starting a bit earlier on the Saturday, and only finishing an hour later than last year with 3 games on that day.

We also decided to give 6 base skills a go. This will hopefully give the teams without base skills more of a chance, and should see more variety in the team list's.

Sandgroper has always been $50. Despite pressure to put it up, we are keeping it the same and offering discounts now :D

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:45 am 

Love the mini Drew!

6 skills will be a nice change up and I'm really not sure what to take now as I almost had my team all locked in ...

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 pm 

Any chance of a bigger picture of the Model?

I'm old... and stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 pm 

For the elderly among us... :D

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 pm 

I was gonna bring a human team this yr but now with 6 skills im think slann might gettin a second chance

And 7 games sounds awsum some ppl just like to have a cry dont they (its me me me n screw everyone else, gettin old)

Sandgropers gonna be epic this yr and im not gonna drink as much... Well try any way =)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:55 pm 

Congrats to the team for putting together what looks like another fantastic event!

Well I'm a Sandgroper virgin so I don't expect to have much say in things...
However, 7 games may be a problem for me.

Certainly not having a cry or wanting things changed for me but the extra time for the 4 games on Saturday may be an issue.
Family life is important and for me, there will be a cost to attending Sandgroper that goes far beyond $50 (which is an amazingly low price for what is on offer).

As it stands, I'll continue to put together my stadium and get as many practise matches as I can to get myself up to speed.
Just hope to be able to actually join in all the fun!

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 pm 

So the 18th is my rdo... Which makes this more possible...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 pm 

Quote:
I was gonna bring a human team this yr but now with 6 skills im think slann might gettin a second chance

And 7 games sounds awsum some ppl just like to have a cry dont they (its me me me n screw everyone else, gettin old)

Sandgropers gonna be epic this yr and im not gonna drink as much... Well try any way =)
wow - and this is what I am loving about the current community. spelling and ignorance

You cant seem to raise any form of criticism these days without all the fan boys jumping up and down screaming for your blood.

Enjoy sandgroper then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:49 pm 

I don't think that was the intent.

I don't know the organisers minds (WHY WOULD I WANT THAT!) but given the format and finals and the now huge numbers that come along... an extra round is needed as the ag teams were at a huge advantage last year due to the scoring system and only 5 rounds, wherein bonus points were given based on cas and td but the primary count back was TD. Thus Ag teams, more specifically FAST ag teams, were at a huge advantage as a bash team grinding out a 1-0 or 2-1 win meant nothing on count backs.

The extra round means there is less reliance on the count backs and should be down to wins as the majority (if the scoring system remains the same that is...)

2 Players 1 round
4 players 2 rounds
8 players 3 rounds
16 players 4 rounds
32 players 5 rounds
64 players 6 rounds

Last year the event was over the magical 32 number and only had 5 rounds to determine the top 2, which meant 3 or 4 players were tied and it was on count backs so the 2 Ag teams there went into the grand final. The 7 round format will mean the 2 teams with 6 wins, should be playing off for the grand final - which at the end of the day is what everyone wants to see. In fact you can draw in the first round with a bonus point... and then win with bonus points and still equal the score of someone who simply won their 6 games (again provided scoring is a constant). Which is great and adds validity to the bonus system in terms of making it interesting. 6 wins with even 1 bonus point though will guarantee a finals berth. Which is even better IMHO.

This change basically overcomes one one gripe with last years event.

And I can get tickets from brisbane for 348 return with no checked baggage... making it a decent option if someone can drive me to the venue :P