It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:57 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Re: SGC 6
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 am 

Quote:
Duro – You da frikkin man.. man. I know you just said you were having fun and all that.. but 7-0 is bloody impressive. This was a rez tourney not something like Cancon where skill rolls can give your team the edge. Only Doubleksulls (before the oz community got better), tribal (at cancon) and Grumpsh (at a NSW selection tourney) have pulled off 6-0 (that I recall)..
Ahem... SSB 2011 :wink: 8)

But yes, a big +1 on a well done Duro. Any issues with scoring systems aside it's hard to argue with 7-0-0. Well done mate. :)

A big thank you to all my opponents for great and close games. It was very enjoyable to play a group of new coaches. Well done to the TOs for a smooth tournie. Liked the venue a lot and would e happy to come back there. Bravo :) :)

1. A time up on the board would help to move people along and avoid any ill feelings about being called. None of my games were an issue, except the 24 turn nail biter vs Reaper at the end :shock: , but it doesn't hurt to have the clock and to give 1/4 time, 1/2 time, 3/4 time etc to move people along. CTC did this recently and it worked really well.

2. Liked the finals. I can see that some lower down the table might not be too fussed by it all, but it adds an element of Qualification and Final to a tournie which I always felt would be a good thing to have.

3. Not a fan of the bonus points allowing jumps between records as it just doesn;t make any logical sense to me. I can understand the desire to have a unique tournie. But I think this tournie already has plenty to make it stand out. The minis, the atmosphere, the Finals, the cards (only SSB have this as well). The bonus points jumping encourages Power teams (as mentioned above), who can win 3-0 or who can smash their opponents off the pitch. It also rewards Submarining as one is far more likely to get big wins and easy Cas playing down the leader board by losing or drawing early. Personal preference is always for opponents score (which rewards the players who play the toughest coaches all tournie long), but even just capped bonus points as a tie break (which would still be a Unique feature from most other 'Majors' in Oz) is superior to people with more losses placing higher, and still provides coaches with a strong incentive to play outside themselves for the points. As it is, I am not surprised the only teams that have won Sandgroper have fallen into one of the Power team categories listed above.

Still, don't want to end on a low note, as personally the tournie was a stand out in what has been a prolific tournie career for me. As I've already said, the atmosphere here was brilliant and exactly why the tournie has grown fro year to year I'd imagine. Well done to the the TOs and all attendees for contributing to this. Definately be pencilling this one in for next year.

Cheers :)