Stealing Vesh's idea from the TGA forum
Well it was my third Sandgroper tournament and it was the best one yet - not only because I won but also because i had a great time, got to play 4 ppl I had never played before, including 3 non-Perthites...but what really made it was watching young Gunnar Bulvi struggling under the Blue Beanie Curse
my dwarf team (HNK Hasici =1994=)
2 x Runner with Block
2 x Blitzer with Guard
2 x Trollslayers with Tackle
5 x Blocker (after the draft 1 had +1MA & another +1AV)
Flint Churnblade (chainsaw special character)
2 x Rerolls
2 x FF
EDIT: 1 x Bribe
vs Greensland Morons (Orcs) TD 2-1 CAS 7-1
vs Filiacs (Necromantic) TD 2-1 CAS 7-2
vs Nevasober Vikings (Norse) TD 1-0 CAS 3-1
vs Uppity Elves (Pro Elf) TD 1-0 CAS 5-0
vs Barba Bellum (Dwarf) TD 2-0 CAS 4-2
vs Tantra Bay Bunnyears (Amazon) TD 2-0 CAS 4-1
vs Blackhearts (Dark Elf) TD 1-0 CAS 3-0
TD Difference: 11/2 = +9 (really helped by having 5 clean sheets)
CAS Difference: 33/7 = +26 (strangely enough my best CAS numbers came from higher armour teams at the start of the day)
- Most Casualties Caused (this surprised me as I had no mighty blow in the team, and the chainsaw wasnt as deadly as it could have been)
- Cam from Geraldton having to concede the last game on Day One after he couldnt field 3 players for the last kick off of the game... (he had 2 of 3 players who refused to come out of the KO'd bin)...first time that has happened for me and i did not feel good about it...it was a really close game and a bummer we just couldnt finish off the last turn...i dont mind kicking the hell out of an elf team but i dont like stopping my opponent from finishing the game (we are there to play after all)
- Bribe failed 4 of 7 times!
- Chainsaw player using the nerf bat instead of his chainsaw for most of the final
- the b!tch of a migraine i had for all of day two...
- Winning the challenge match against Gunnar, thus sparing me disgrace of having to wear a QLD beanie for the rest of the weekend! He was a great sport about having to wear the NSW Blues beanie
- Getting to play on Steve and Drew's fantastic pitches!
- Avenging my loss to Bruno in the last round of Sandgroper 4
- Meeting players from interstate and intrastate who were a good bunch of dudes
- Chainsawing Drew's star player - Roxanna - she hit my ball carrier and her frenzy left her standing next to the chainsaw and the ball carrier still on his feet...Drew's face dropped when he realized where Roxanna had ended up...and then the chainsaw did the chop and managed to kill Roxanna, followed by the apothecary going out onto the pitch and saying, "Yep, she had her head cut off"
Thanks to all my opponents, other players and the organizers for making Sandgroper the fantastic event that it is