It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: My Sandgroper VI
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:28 am 

Stealing Vesh's idea from the TGA forum :oops:

Well it was my third Sandgroper tournament and it was the best one yet - not only because I won but also because i had a great time, got to play 4 ppl I had never played before, including 3 non-Perthites...but what really made it was watching young Gunnar Bulvi struggling under the Blue Beanie Curse :twisted:

my dwarf team (HNK Hasici =1994=)
2 x Runner with Block
2 x Blitzer with Guard
2 x Trollslayers with Tackle
5 x Blocker (after the draft 1 had +1MA & another +1AV)
Flint Churnblade (chainsaw special character)
2 x Rerolls
2 x FF
EDIT: 1 x Bribe
Day One:
vs Greensland Morons (Orcs) TD 2-1 CAS 7-1
vs Filiacs (Necromantic) TD 2-1 CAS 7-2
vs Nevasober Vikings (Norse) TD 1-0 CAS 3-1
vs Uppity Elves (Pro Elf) TD 1-0 CAS 5-0

Day Two:
vs Barba Bellum (Dwarf) TD 2-0 CAS 4-2
vs Tantra Bay Bunnyears (Amazon) TD 2-0 CAS 4-1
vs Blackhearts (Dark Elf) TD 1-0 CAS 3-0

TD Difference: 11/2 = +9 (really helped by having 5 clean sheets)
CAS Difference: 33/7 = +26 (strangely enough my best CAS numbers came from higher armour teams at the start of the day)

Awards:
- Champion
- Most Casualties Caused (this surprised me as I had no mighty blow in the team, and the chainsaw wasnt as deadly as it could have been)

Low Points:
- Cam from Geraldton having to concede the last game on Day One after he couldnt field 3 players for the last kick off of the game... (he had 2 of 3 players who refused to come out of the KO'd bin)...first time that has happened for me and i did not feel good about it...it was a really close game and a bummer we just couldnt finish off the last turn...i dont mind kicking the hell out of an elf team but i dont like stopping my opponent from finishing the game (we are there to play after all)
- Bribe failed 4 of 7 times!
- Chainsaw player using the nerf bat instead of his chainsaw for most of the final :lol:
- the b!tch of a migraine i had for all of day two...

High Points:
- Winning the challenge match against Gunnar, thus sparing me disgrace of having to wear a QLD beanie for the rest of the weekend! He was a great sport about having to wear the NSW Blues beanie :)
- Getting to play on Steve and Drew's fantastic pitches!
- Avenging my loss to Bruno in the last round of Sandgroper 4
- Meeting players from interstate and intrastate who were a good bunch of dudes :)
- Chainsawing Drew's star player - Roxanna - she hit my ball carrier and her frenzy left her standing next to the chainsaw and the ball carrier still on his feet...Drew's face dropped when he realized where Roxanna had ended up...and then the chainsaw did the chop and managed to kill Roxanna, followed by the apothecary going out onto the pitch and saying, "Yep, she had her head cut off"

Thanks to all my opponents, other players and the organizers for making Sandgroper the fantastic event that it is :D

Last edited by Frosthammer on Tue May 29, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My Sandgroper VI
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 am 

congrats on the cup! pretty glad my goblins managed to avoid playing against your dwarves by tactically losing most of their matches!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:34 pm 

ur goblins probably would have been safe as the lower armour teams i faced seemed almost invulnerable at times :D

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm 

Good work Duro! :D

So was the trick for your guys to beat the opponent to a pulp and then sprint like a stunty to the finish? 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:47 pm 

Not sure if I said it yesterday Duro but congrats on the win, It is nice to go undefeated (when I won I had a draw) but I still have the record for least TD conceeded (only 1 and that was my draw)

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:55 pm 

Well done Duro on a well deserved win. Was great playing you in the Final, and was really happy to hold you out first half and went into the second half feeling pretty good about how things were going. It was very close up until about turn 6 when you turned me over. Congratulations on the win.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 pm 

Good onya Duro.
I'm so happy for you mate. You totally deserve the championship title!
We had a great game and I'm glad I was able to make you have to work for the win (scoring the only TD of the game on the last turn). Kept the casualties close too. Fantastic game mate.

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm 

Quote:
- Chainsawing Drew's star player - Roxanna - she hit my ball carrier and her frenzy left her standing next to the chainsaw and the ball carrier still on his feet...Drew's face dropped when he realized where Roxanna had ended up...and then the chainsaw did the chop and managed to kill Roxanna, followed by the apothecary going out onto the pitch and saying, "Yep, she had her head cut off"
Yeah, still having nightmares about that... :P

You played a solid game mate, and a very deserving winner, congrats again. :D

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:38 pm 

Thanks Gents :)

@ OSOI - i think you will hold that record for a very, very long time - although i had that extra game to play :lol:

@ Brunificus - of all the ppl i could have faced in the final i was most happy to face you and also the one i feared the most...happy cause ur such a top guy to face across the pitch and feared cause i still have the scars from SG 4! That one dice roll turned the whole game for u, i was just lucky i had the players there to capitalize on it...

@ Onyx - the only game that was more intense than ours was the final - awesome to see how much u have come along since u started play BB early this year! Still reckon its the green block dice I gave u that broke ur bad luck & JJ must be ruing that advice he gave u :lol: Also, i could have happily spent our game time just staring at ur pitch - i would hate u for ur talent if u werent such a great chap :)

@ Brookesy - u know that Dwarves are natural sprinters!

@ Reaper - it makes me chuckle that u actually predicted that there was a very high chance of my wining the comp - didnt believe it possible until the end of the final (i was just waiting for Nuffle to screw me at some point)...

my games came down to grinding down the opposition and then waiting for their dice to screw them...i put most of my wins down to my opponents' dice failing at a critical moment and my short angry dudes being in the right place to capitalise on it...eg intercepting a pass from an elf with Safe Throw which lead to my team then grinding the elves into the pitch as we 'sprinted' for the line; a single dice block which resulted in a skull which stopped a scoring play and allow me to crunch the ball carrier - that roll cost Bruno the final; repeated go for it rolls soaking up rerolls that failed as well for one opponent...even though i only had two rerolls i finished a few games without using all of them, good indication of how my rolling was going...i consider it further vindication of my belief that only certain dice are used for certain games - several ppl did threaten to do bad things to my dice :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:22 pm 

Quote:
2 x Runner with Block
2 x Blitzer with Guard
5 x Blocker (after the draft 1 had +1MA & another +1MA)
2 x Rerolls
2 x FF

Did you say you had a bribe as well, or did you just roll get the ref quite a bit?

Interesting fact is I tend to struggle against teams that take a chainsaw. I inevitably can't make up my mind between going for the ball and trying to get this mad psycho off of the pitch. I still would have liked to have played you as it's the only way to improve as a player. Once again congratulations on the win and most casualties!

Joel

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:19 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
2 x Runner with Block
2 x Blitzer with Guard
5 x Blocker (after the draft 1 had +1MA & another +1MA)
2 x Rerolls
2 x FF

Did you say you had a bribe as well, or did you just roll get the ref quite a bit?

Interesting fact is I tend to struggle against teams that take a chainsaw. I inevitably can't make up my mind between going for the ball and trying to get this mad psycho off of the pitch. I still would have liked to have played you as it's the only way to improve as a player. Once again congratulations on the win and most casualties!

Joel
oops, thanks for reminding me about the bribe - original post updated :)

thats what i like about the chainsaw - its a threat and it forces ppl to make the decision to either deal with it or ignore it...

Cheers mate - it would have been cool to play ur squishy Delfs :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 pm 

Quote:
@ Onyx - the only game that was more intense than ours was the final - awesome to see how much u have come along since u started play BB early this year! Still reckon its the green block dice I gave u that broke ur bad luck & JJ must be ruing that advice he gave u :lol: Also, i could have happily spent our game time just staring at ur pitch - i would hate u for ur talent if u werent such a great chap :)
No ruing it here mate. I am just glad that my advice worked... even against me. No point in not helping out. The whole community benefits when it's individual members improve.

WA will be stronger the more everyone helps each other out and it is probably has the best opportunity given the community it has to do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 am 

Quote:
Quote:
No ruing it here mate. I am just glad that my advice worked... even against me. No point in not helping out. The whole community benefits when it's individual members improve.

WA will be stronger the more everyone helps each other out and it is probably has the best opportunity given the community it has to do it.
very true Aenur - I am just glad Steve got some great advice from someone who understands the game and the meta aspect of it as well as u do :)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:24 am 

I'll take that compliment ;)

Congrats again mate.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am 

Quote:
I'll take that compliment ;)

Congrats again mate.
compliment was the intention!

Thanks again :)