[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Sandgroper Cup 6 results and feedback - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:36 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm 

Another Sandgroper Cup has come to an end. For the first time I was able to take part as a player and had a blast. Many thanks to Dave and Jules for running it this year. Anyway onto the results...

Bringing the Sandgroper Cup back to WA, and becoming the first member of the WA state of origin team, with a very impressive 7-0 record, Duro Bozic. :D

1. Duro Bozic
2. Bruno Schuts
3. Joel Brokaw
4. JJ Layfield
5. Daniel Hutchinson
6. Drew Lovell
7. Rob Langford
8. Luke Retallack
9. Jason Chaplin
10. Michael Watson
11. Danny Powell
12. Josh Davies
13. Steven Thoms
14. Steve Marr
15. Richard Andrew
16. Paul Morris
17. Cameron Dawson
18. Neil Sorensen
19. Liam Tennant
20. Justin Martin
21. Jason Stennent
22. Harold Ballard
23. Gary Perkins
24. James Russell-Wills
25. Chris Strafford
26. Ken Downer
27. Dave Horne
28. Jed Hansen
29. Brendan Morrison
30. Kyran Williamson
31. Gregg Johnson
32. Rhett Cumming
33. Kyle Harper
34. Ron Argent
35. Seth Capon
36. David Cotton
37. Timothy Mannssah
38. The Ringer
39. Christopher Round
40. Jarrod Ramsdale
41. Stuart Hepburn
42. Nicolai Repacholi
43. Nathan Gall
44. Jack Lagdon
45. Stephen Trounson
46. Danial Salter

Kevin Cross and Stuart Greves were unable to finish the event due to sickness.

MVP Best Sportsman
Nathan Gall and David Cotton

Best Painted Team, Best Custom Pitch and Best Support Staff
Steve Marr

Stunty Cup Champion
Chris Strafford

Most Touchdowns
Jason Chaplin

Most Casualties
Duro Bozic

More details to follow when I'm not so tired.

Thanks to everyone who attended and made it such a great event. We would love to here your feedback on the event, good and bad. For those that have attended before, how do you think the changes worked? All comments are taken on-board so we can continue to make this a great event for all.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:18 pm 

Quote:
We would love to here your feedback on the event, good and bad. For those that have attended before, how do you think the changes worked? All comments are taken on-board so we can continue to make this a great event for all.
Gah... co-ordination fail Already started a feedback thread here which has replies. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:34 am 

is someone going to investigate how it is Ratt manages to win the MVP every year! Then again, not surprised as he such a lovely fellow :D

Congrats to the winners, all well deserved :)

special thanks to Drew, Dave & Jules for yet another awesome event :D

Thanks to all my opponents for being such great sports and making all my games enjoyable with ur great attitudes (even when my dice where running hot)...special thanks to Bruno for a very tense final and yet still great fun - sorry but finally I had my revenge for Sandgroper 4 :D

Thanks to everyone who made the trip to Perth for the weekend, so cool to meet ppl from all over the country and I even got to play a few of you as well :)

Nice to see the Cup back in WA and managing to take out Most Casualties Caused was an added bonus (twice in 3 years, yes my dice love a bit of thuggery :))

And i was a very lucky lad for getting to play two of my games on Steve & Drew's fantastic pitches!!!!

Drew, ur pitch made me think of this....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:11 am 

Actually... That was only the second time mate...

Sandgroper 4 was the other time, and I'm such a good sport, I shared that one too!

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:15 am 

Quote:

Sandgroper 4 was the other time, and I'm such a good sport, I shared that one too!
obviously ur bribe last year didnt work :D

ah yes, that year it was sharing with Sloth...yes, ur such a kind soul u had to share so someone else didnt feel left out :D

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 pm 

1. Duro Bozic
2. Bruno Schuts
3. Joel Brokaw
6. Drew Lovell
7. Rob Langford
8. Luke Retallack
9. Jason Chaplin
10. Michael Watson

If your WA team came from this set of players... with a few other noteable players included in the mix - your SGC 6 top 10 would do a fairly good job at any state based event.

I removed myself and Daniel Hutchins from the list for ease.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

obviously ur bribe last year didnt work :D

ah yes, that year it was sharing with Sloth...yes, ur such a kind soul u had to share so someone else didnt feel left out :D
Don't believe in bribing for Sports. For wins, maybe... Obviously failed that one. Next year will be fun with Halflings...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:42 pm 

Quote:
1. Duro Bozic
2. Bruno Schuts
3. Joel Brokaw
6. Drew Lovell
7. Rob Langford
8. Luke Retallack
9. Jason Chaplin
10. Michael Watson

If your WA team came from this set of players... with a few other noteable players included in the mix - your SGC 6 top 10 would do a fairly good job at any state based event.

I removed myself and Daniel Hutchins from the list for ease.
Notable exceptions to that list are Liam (OSOI), Greg (doobleg) and Julian Palmer straight off the bat as well as a few others, but anyone who earns their place is worthy.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm 

The exact 3 I would have named mate - the other being Morgs if he ever decided to pick up block dice again.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:22 pm 

so your all saying Slothman and Ratt suck right?

OSOI, Rob, Talanis, Bruno were in the last team

but it was an impressive effort by the West to claim their crown back in any case

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm 

It is nice to see the skill of the WA BB scene growing and I will say Sandgroper 6 has got me out of my 14 month hiatus and ready and raring to go again in BRAWL

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm 

Was such a shame that I was a bit burnt out in the lead up to SG5 and was also coming off a month long overseas trip, so was never gonna happen really :(

Could not wipe the smile off my face when using the Nurgle lads. Was surprised how much fun they were to use! Definitely gonna drag them out for league play at some point.

Hopefully I can get a couple more wins on the board with the state league, but my primary aim was to have fun with the team and see if Skaven are as horrible on the coaching side as they are to face at times! They are right up my alley! :twisted:

Anyhow, as for more feedback, prize support was excellent again (I know my order contributed a good chunk on its own!) and was happy to walk away with the FF fields pitch.

Somethin I think would be good to bring in is a sportsmanship system similar to that run by the boys at Eucbowl. Can't remember the name for the system, but it basically gave you an average score, removing 1 high and 1 low. I thought this was a pretty fair system as it game a closer spread but still came out with a clear winner more often than not.

This is not to say the winners were undeserving (they clearly are!) and they would almost certainly have won under this system anyway. I just think it is a good way of getting rid of a score that does not fit right.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:23 pm 

Quote:
The exact 3 I would have named mate - the other being Morgs if he ever decided to pick up block dice again.
Aw shucks...

Until my vibration dampening pants are perfected I may not be able to take the field for fear of public ridicule :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:46 pm 

oh and more feedback... someone get Gunnar to join the NAF so my (censored) loss to him will show up on my records.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm 

Quote:
oh and more feedback... someone get Gunnar to join the NAF so my (censored) loss to him will show up on my records.
Fine. I'll join if the loss means that much too you :D . Or are you just being pressured by the other NAF guys who want to get a better ranking than you?

I could always do with a different set of Block Dice.

How much does it cost again?

By the way, I really did enjoy the game we had. I was a little nervous to begin with, you being last year's champ and all. I'd love to see how the game would go if we coached the other team though. Would you have held out like I did, or be confident enough to score and still stop me from equalising? You would probably have schooled me as I haven't played with Skaven before, although I've got a little obsession with them all of a sudden and will look at having a team ready for Joel's SpeedBowl Cup.

ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall