[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
slaan or high elves for sandgroper - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:58 pm 

after todays practice game with underworld pact i wont be looking to take them, sure the 0-5 loss with 0-3 cas vs dropshort's sandgroper undead team had a lot to do with crap dice on my part (when ur opponent comments on the number of times ur turn ends first action with double skulls, and u constantly fail pick up, hand off, pass, catch, dodge and go for it you really cant hold it against the team.)

So im thinking of taking one of the unclaimed teams;
Quote:
6 Races still have nobody representing them. Come on people, let's fill those spots. :D
Chaos Dwarves - 0, Halfling - 0, High Elf - 0 (as aenur is swapping to necro), Khemri - 0, Slaan - 0, Vampire - 0
Hymms taking vamps, I took halflings 2 years ago and came stunty runner up so im not going to take those this year; ive no interest in khemri id prob hate them by the end of the weekend; i could go chaos dwarfs but im planning on bringing the Bane back for dungeon bowl and try for most cas for the 3rd dungeon bowl running (and hopefully win the cup this time)

so that leaves me with slaan and high elves
ive never played with slaan but i dont mind jumping in the deep end, but i dont have a team and would be hoping to borrow one, i also would like some feedback on what im thinking on taking

Slaan
4 blitzers @ 110k = 440k (4x wrestle)
3 catchers @ 80k = 240k (2x block the 3rd i want to turn into a thrower end day1)
1 Hemlock @ 170k = 170k (stabing blodger with side step and jump up thats my sort of star player)
3 linemen @ 60k = 180k
3 rerolls @ 50k = 150k
1 fan factor@ 10k = 10k
1 coach @ 10k = 10k
=120k

the back up plan is high elves
Soaren Hightower = 180k
2 blitzer @ 100k = 200k
4 catchers@ 90k = 360k (4x block)
4 linemen @ 70k = 280k (2x block)
3 re-rolls@ 50k = 150k
1 coach @ 10k = 10k
1 cheer @ 10k = 10k
1 fan @ 10k = 10k
=120k

your comments please

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 pm 

If you're crap at dice rolls, I'd think it would be best to avoid the Slann ...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm 

take the Helfs - those of us who love the bash also love the sound of snapping elf bones! plus squashing frogs aint as much fun - Cane Toads are the preferred squashed amphibian...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 pm 

Slann is not a forgiving team on bad dice rolls, and 4 blitzers is 2 to many and id think about block or guard on them, strip ball on a lino, dodge on the catchers and 4 team re-rolls min and would avoid the star players

3 catchers (2 dodge), 6 linos (1 strip ball), 2 blitzers (block/guard), krox (break tackle) 4 ff and 4 re-rolls

Otherwise high elfs man slann take abit of gettin use to cause u dont play them like any other team and r unpredictable (but fun)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 am 

Quote:
If you're crap at dice rolls, I'd think it would be best to avoid the Slann ...
beinging bad at AG based dice rolls lately would suggest avoiding most teams that want to use the ball (my blocking hasnt been bad just couldnt follow them up this game but state match my delf at least inflicted 4 cas against undead even if it took 4 attempts to pick up the ball first drive :roll: ), hopefully im getting the bad dice out of my system b4 the weekend so i can roll cheese dice all weekend :mrgreen: 8) .
Quote:
take the Helfs - those of us who love the bash also love the sound of snapping elf bones! plus squashing frogs aint as much fun - Cane Toads are the preferred squashed amphibian...
I LUV THE BASH - but i dont discriminate, love watching dwarf players cry just as much :P , thou my fav bash moment at sandgroper was 2 yrs back when the halflings had all but 3 chaos off the field by the end of the 1st half. :twisted:
Quote:
Slann is not a forgiving team on bad dice rolls, and 4 blitzers is 2 to many and id think about block or guard on them, strip ball on a lino, dodge on the catchers and 4 team re-rolls min and would avoid the star players
3 catchers (2 dodge), 6 linos (1 strip ball), 2 blitzers (block/guard), krox (break tackle) 4 ff and 4 re-rolls
Otherwise high elfs man slann take abit of gettin use to cause u dont play them like any other team and r unpredictable (but fun)
wrestle on a blitzer works for me as well as the idea of stripball, if i downgraded 2 blitzers to line and gave 2 line block would prob help and take 5 rerolls, i prefer block over dodge on ag4 especially if i take them with 5 rerolls and face opponents with tackle. Why avoid the star player assasin when stab doesnt cause a sideover when the dice are bad, always a good first action and with blodge, sidestep, jump up will be able to stay in stab range if not AV pen'd.

Purhaps i should take them next season for a test run (which is what i did with orges and im def not taking them after last season)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 am 

That high elf roster is the EXACT roster I was going to take - only your skill selection is bad :P

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:06 am 

Quote:
That high elf roster is the EXACT roster I was going to take - only your skill selection is bad :P
i like to bash and not put my player down at the same time - what skills were looking at

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am 

That would be to telling ;)

With elves you need skills that cause turnovers and free up the ball to capitalise. You will never out bash so don't try it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 am 

Blitzers are a support roll in a slann team give assis or mark players, dodge on catchers cause will all the leapin ull be using ur re-rolls when then fail to land ud hate to get gd postion then fail the dodge with no re-rolls left

Also u want to get hail mary pass at end of day 1 and leader slann need re-roll skills and re-rolls, and then tricks (hail mary + diving catch) (leap + strip ball) (leap + guard + diving tackle) big guy for hitting and marking (threat factor)

And slann are a great league team but it will take a season to get use to them and 2 seasons to build on them

Im not tryin to scare u out of takin them just givin u heads up on wat ive learnt with them so far =)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 am 

Quote:
That would be to telling ;)

With elves you need skills that cause turnovers
yes with me and elves no block skill = turnover
diving tackle the other year on halflings had its moments, which is why i was looking at slaan with4 blitzers
Quote:
You will never out bash so don't try it.
you've clearly never seen me play - i out bash dwarfs and chaos with halflings
my state league delfs out bashed bruno's undead twice now, and outbashed cent's nurgle (just couldnt convert to xp)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:18 am 

We have all had those games where our dice are on fire.

I play the odds, not the top end of the bell curve. Do as you wish.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 am 

I think with 6 starting skills and and additional 2 skills at the draft Slann are moer viable than before at SGC. The team functions when it has at least 6 skills on it.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:22 am 

Quote:
We have all had those games where our dice are on fire.
I play the odds, not the top end of the bell curve. Do as you wish.
actually its my playing style = outbash first then fail to pick up the ball and fall over after
its just the 2nd and 3rd part that need work

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 am 

OSOI - I agree. If I had a slaan team I would likely run them with 6 skills.

They would be entertaining and have a great set of starting skills for the format.

At AV 8 they have a lot more survivablity than most people give them credit for.

I miss playing in a league with OSOI and Disembodied Head.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 am 

Quote:
OSOI - I agree. If I had a slaan team I would likely run them with 6 skills.
why not see if you can borrow one - or has necro gotten u won over