It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 pm 

Hello sports fans!

With only a few days left to the Brawl league, I wanted to post a short thank you. I'd been living in Perth for about a year when I decided to see if anyone in this town played this obscure game I'd first discovered a bit over ten years prior. Wow was I surprised to find the massive Brawl league waiting for me! Season 7 was my first and I played in each one since except for the super league and the last. Somewhere along the line I was given the great opportunity to help the Commish group with running some of the day-to-day things behind the scenes. Thank you for that guys!

Thank you to the organisers for their great ideas and patience and thank you to the players for the exact same thing!

I look forward to many more fun games of all sorts with all of you!

All the best,

Joel

Post subject: Re: Thank you!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 am 

+1

Been plying in BRAWL since season 3, and haven't missed a season since. Time flies when your playing Bloodbowl, still remember my first BRAWL game against AdvanceOp. A 6-0 victory against his Warpstone Bros Underworld with the Glamazons.

Have had many an epic game since so a big thank you all my opponents, my fellow deputy commishes Talanis, and Runejack, the dreaded AdvanceOp, the Iron Commish. And a massive thank you top the man that started it all and raised the level of Bloodbowl in Perth to truly unbelievable heights Reaper. Without you none of the great times we have had over the past 8 years would have been possible.

BRAWL is dead, long live WAFFL.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm 

I also haven't missed a season since season 3 despite the number times claiming I would take a break :)

Been a hell of a ride, but look forward to what lies in the future

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 pm 

You're welcome. 8)

I started playing Bloodbowl in 1992, came back to it in 2000, and again in 2008. Although I've fallen out of the BB scene of late, I know I'll be back - it's inevitable, and this is due only in part to the game itself. Some of the finest (and funniest) human beings I know, I first met when they sat down on the opposite side of the field, and I am pleased, years later, to call many of them my friends even now.

So thank you, gentlemen... and if the pattern holds true, I look forward to playing you again in 2016. :mrgreen: