It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Qualifying Finals
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:34 pm 

The first round of finals are in the system, apologies for the delay completely my fault. We are doing things a little differently this season 1st from North vs 2nd from South and 1st from South vs 2nd from North, so it's Coffin Cheaters vs Knightmaresand Kurgan Crushers vs The Big Hat Boys.

Good luck to all the coaches involved and if you want post your tips here, mine are Big Hat Boys to beat the Crushers in an upset, and Cheaters to beat the Knightmares and then Cheaters to win the Grand final.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

Last edited by Brunificus on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:14 pm 

I've sent a pm through to Jules to sort out a time :) hopefully sould have it done this week

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 pm 

The Crushers have defeated the Big Hat Boys 2-1 tonight. After scoring halfway through the first half and causing a couple of casualties, the Boys were able to stop the Crushers scoring before the half ended.

However, within the space of three turns of the second half, the Crushers put 4 Boys in the casualty bin (one in a coffin!) and were able to grind out the clock and score in the dying turns of the second half to take it to overtime.

Winning the toss and receiving in overtime, the Crushers tried to make a quick pass and run play, but it came unstuck and the Boys nearly ran away with it! A quick turnover from the Boys allowed the Crushers to scamper home for the winning score.

A well coached game from Jules and now onto the final to likely face the Cheaters

Post subject: Re: Qualifying Finals
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am 

Fyi: Joels been nice enough to allow me to postpone our match originally set for weekend gone due to illness - we havent rescheduled as yet

ps. with people assuming im going to win watch out for another finals choke

pps congrats to Fanglord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:06 pm 

Real life doing what it occasionally does, Gary and my game seemed destined not to be.

The grand final is now in the system, good luck to the finalists! My prediction is 4+ bodies in the dead box. The only question is how many will regenerate!!!??

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:04 pm 

The Grand final has been played
and the casulties dragged off the pitch.

The Crushers recieved first and had kept control of it to score 2/3rds of the way thru the first half. The Crushers extra apoth where run off their feet patching up norse.
The cheaters managed to score in the dieing seconds of the first half even thou it hadnt been made easy by the norse.
The cheaters feeling confident of being to bash there way thru the half found themselves wanting to waste time before scoring: nuffle didnt like that idea and soon things where going from bad to worse with the norse not only getting the ball but successfully throwing to a clear player who was almost away safe but had to push it that little bit harder to avoid being tagged by a zombie, Nuffle took great pleasure stealing the floor from under the norse and giving the cheaters a chance to hold out for overtime.
The Cheaters won overtime and after a couple of quick cas had only 3 opponents standing, it took almost the entire half to score the winning td the norse never gave up risking everything time and time again to stop the touchdown.

Very well played Rob I was squinting tight for 3/4 of the 2nd half and id thought id lost it before the failed gfi.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:07 pm 

Cheaters 2 Crushers 1
9 cas vs 3 - 1 kill each side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:21 pm 

Congratulations to the Cheaters and commiserations to the Crushers! I knew it was going to be a blood soaked final and you fellas didn't let the crowds down! Well done to everyone for a fantastic season played!

Out of curiosity, what did you fine folks think about the addition of the Khorne team? I played Khorne 3 times and found them quite interesting. Their big guy is awesome, but the lack of any block to start with seems to more than make up for it.

I'll speak to the other commissioners about getting the player awards and next seasons sign up thread sorted soon.

All the best,

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm 

Disappointed in myself on a couple of occasions regarding an unnecessary gfi when a lightning bolt would have sealed the deal instead :( very close game but the casualties finally took their toll and it was a walk over in the end.

Well played Gary :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:38 am 

Congrats Gary no choking then.

As a Khorne player I enjoyed the team it worked similar to the PC version casualties hurt if you loose the key players and the lack of block with frenzy on most players becomes a foresight game planning several plays ahead and when the first block fails you are left wide open to a devastating counter.

But I would like to keep playing them as is.

Prime Caine 2 - 1 Epic Caine 1 - 1 J Krane 1 -

Khador

Prime Butcher of Khardov 1
-0 Karchev the Terrible 0 - 0 Kommander A Zerkova 0 - 0

REDNECK RUMBLE 2011 & 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 pm 

The glamorous awards have been presented to the top Season 15 players and the winning teams. Congrats again to Gary for what sounds like a close fought win!

http://www.brawl.bloodbowlleague.com/de ... ?p=se&s=17

Regards,

Joel