It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Dungeonbowl Questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm 

A few issues came up during Ork-U's first game of the season last night that left us a little puzzled as the players guide doesn't seem to list them.

- How many players can take the field at one time? Are we limited to 11, or if we have 16 players, can they all get on?

- In 'regulation' DB, a bouncing ball will bounce twice. The players guide has no mention of this, does that mean it only bounces once?

More as I think of them.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm 

For myself and DaBlackskull (whom i play tested with), since we had no preconceptions of dungeonbowl to begin with played as per the infomation pack.

So we had players continuely running in until there was no one left (this is really mean when versus a high TV dwarf team) and we only bounced the ball once.

I had a couple of queries that I can't remember while at work. I'll see if I can get to my notes tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm 

Previous dungeon bowl rules do not apply. If the players pack doesn't list them they don't apply.

However, please post questions here as it makes it clear for all. I did try to cover as many questions as I could but its pretty hard to cover every eventuality.

No extra bounce.

There is no limit to the number of players on the pitch. I thought this was in there but it may have got missed. So score before the numbers get overwhelming!

Edit: Seems some people have lost the rules so heres a handy download link

Last edited by advanceop on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Dungeonbowl Questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 pm 

Sweet. Thanks for the quick clarifications. The main issue I guess is that I'm coming from 'traditional' DB, unlike many DB newbies.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm 

with some cards now being completely useless (bad year git/hometown fans/friendly fans/that babes got talent/rowdy fans/perfect kick/come to papa ) i thought id double check on a few

incoming/lurve potion/lewd maneuvers - wont work at all?
ring of teleportation - what happen if it would end in a wall - does player pop out other side, stops before wall or gets badly hurt

scutts scroll of weater magic - i assume we cant make it magically rain inside/ what about sprinkler malfunction?
da freight train/ not so secret weapon - place in any square adjacent to sidelines but not in an end zone - will this be enter via teleporter this season?
fanatic invasion - no teleporters required?
if we cant use a wizard do 200k cards like zap/ballista/rogue wizard (50k) still work

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm 

I'll provide a lengthier reply when I get home but err on the side of tough luck and/or carnage...

.... you're under the Iron Commissioner's rule this season baby... booyah :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 pm 

Quote:
with some cards now being completely useless (bad year git/hometown fans/friendly fans/that babes got talent/rowdy fans/perfect kick/come to papa ) i thought id double check on a few
Yep, some are going to be duds.
Quote:
incoming/lurve potion/lewd maneuvers - wont work at all?
Pretty much. Anything that affects the weather or players in the wide zone are wasted cards.
Quote:
ring of teleportation - what happen if it would end in a wall - does player pop out other side, stops before wall or gets badly hurt
Stops before the wall. In the same way you reroll if you scatter off a teleporter into a wall.
Quote:
scutts scroll of weater magic - i assume we cant make it magically rain inside/ what about sprinkler malfunction?
Nope, does nothing. Why do you need sprinklers in a Dungeon? ;)
Quote:
da freight train/ not so secret weapon - place in any square adjacent to sidelines but not in an end zone - will this be enter via teleporter this season?
Yep. Any new players brought onto the pitch, be it by Card or from your dug-out can come in via your endzone doors or the teleporters.
Quote:
fanatic invasion - no teleporters required?
Yeah it's a weird exception as this card states anywhere on the field. Apparently Goblin Fanatics pop out of the ground like mushrooms.
Quote:
if we cant use a wizard do 200k cards like zap/ballista/rogue wizard (50k) still work
Yep... thats why they are rogue wizards ;)

Also, the players pack says you cant bring reinforcements on until after your first turn. Thats should be first turn of the drive... so, if someone scores, you set up with 6 players and cant bring on reinforcements until after they have all moved once.

And I like Ratts resolution for a ball bouncing onto a chest... err on the side of carnage... the ball sits there on the chest taunting you to come get blown up :P Wizards are a viscous bunch, the chest doesn't open for the ball, just when players get within explosion radius :)

Remember, this is a fun season and as long as you are consistent most things should be easy to work out. Runejack and I were scattering the player after a chest exploded. :D ... although that was mostly because I confused myself with 3D chests thinking you couldn't stay in the square like teleporters... still, it worked out as a fun little variation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, does nothing. Why do you need sprinklers in a Dungeon? ;)
to make it harder for my round 2 - dwarfs to pick up the ball :twisted:

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm 

If you have a Budweiser babe does this help with bringing players back during a drive via teleporters?

I played hymn and we played it didn't but I'm playing drop short now and he played it that it does first round.

Clarification please.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm 

Quote:
If you have a Budweiser babe does this help with bringing players back during a drive via teleporters?

I played hymn and we played it didn't but I'm playing drop short now and he played it that it does first round.

Clarification please.
As per the updated rules,

"Bloodweiser Babes: The bonus granted by these
lovely ladies applies only to the normal
recovery between drives and not when rushing
reserves in from the KO bin."

I hope this helps!

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm 

Nice turnaround Runej! That's better than some "live" help desks I've dealt with.

Its also bang on. Rushed reserves is a six only.

Remember too you have to declare their action first, so its a risky proposition is that's your blitz!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm 

Haha cheers for the prompt response. Settled our issue nicely.

Ah forgot about the declared result first. Im pretty sure zara came in and then declared blitz.

Ah well, live and learn.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm 

I have 2 questions that came about in my game just played

1: teleporting into a player that doesnt have stand firm who has his back to a wall (the small 2x5 rooms that can only be teleported in) On two occasions I had a elf in the cnr next to the teleporter and would have landed on him to cause him to go back a square, which would cause an wall push armour roll, but we werent sure how to play as if id failed to remove the player as cas/ko id still be on the teleporter and teleported out - so we played it as reroll landing location from teleporter. What is the correct procedure here?

2: stumbles into end zone - drive 2's failed scoring attempt resulted in me being in the end zone. Can the player stand up and stay safe in the endzone to recieve a pass once he is there or does he have to leave the zone when he stands up? I played it as had to leave as inconvenient to me seemed less dodgy.

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm 

Both of these came up when I played Drew but somehow forgot to update the FAQs :oops:

1. Yes, re-roll the scatter when you can't chain push. If somehow no push is possible the player is lost in the warp (KO) as all the teleporters go into a feedback loop.

2. Yes, it's a really tricky one to write out all the eventualities but basically you must leave that endzone (the 2x1 squares) ASAP if you don't have the ball. Basically this is to stop players blocking up the endzones with bodies. to completely block it you need 12 players (4 per door)

Well done! I'm glad even the ones I have missed people are intuitively working out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am 

Im forward planning on my next match and have a question

castle of Aaauuuggghhh there are two small islands that can only be gotten to via teleporter or leap

a failed leap is a bh in the chasm and not a splat on the landing point, based on the quote below
Quote:
err on the side of tough luck and/or carnage...
can we assume that teleporting into those 2 rooms has a 3/8 chance of being dropped into the chasm and bh?

thanks again