Hey Richard, thanks for emailing through the draft campaign pack. I thought I would ask some questions here so everyone can see the answers given if they are wondering the same thing.
1. Can you purchase Ace's from your initial layout of 800pts?
For this campaign you will have 800 pts to spend on your Air Force and Ground Troops, start with Two Campaign points, have 100 Building points to spend on your forces forward Air base and Two Strategic Target Points.
Ground Troops or Defences?
We get 100 Building points but are only allowed to spend 60pts on the Forward Air Base, what is the extra 40pts for? Edit: What is the actual purpose of the Forward Air Base?
3. How many Campaign Turns are you envisaging? Winning the Campaign just says "eventaually".
Each played will be required to write a squadron list (army list) as both the attacker and defender for the mission they choose to play, as each player could be the attacker or the defender.
I dont see the point in getting players to write up redundent lists. Wouldnt it be easier to write your squadron list after determining who is the attacker and who is the defender?
5. The whole idea of TEAMS seems a bit redundent if each player is required to fill out squadron rosters to forefill all roles, unless of course during the campaign they lose the capacity to forefill that role, in which case they should be looking to spend their New Reinforcements to replace those losses? No?
If you are allocating players in Campaign Missions does that also mean you will be allocating teams? My point is if you are not and you have allocated everyone to play a different opponent and then find that a player needs to team up to achieve their mission you are going to be running into all sorts of complications (including forcing teams), especially with the allies matrix.
6. Allies Matrix, can this used in the initial shell out of 800pts as well as with reinforcements? As an example I play Chaos (no transports), so straight off the bat Im forced into having to TEAM up unless Im allowed to select forces from Imperials or Orks. I have no intrest in collecting Imperials but Orks would be fine for the role, I actually have a Thunderhawk (Chaos Space Marine, makes sense to me) but that isnt allowed via Allies Matrix.
7. Winning the Campaign (see question 3.) Is there a margin for victory here? With so many interested parties I imagine establishing an uncontested war zone would be pretty hard. Edit: is it first to reach a certain amount of campaign points?
8. Requesting Reinforcements.........I would never not roll especially if I had the option to force someone else team up with me.
The rest looks good, very ambitious and I applaud you for your efforts. Even though I would say Im not a noob at this game, I will still need a bit of help getting my head around this. Only one other suggestion I would make seeing as this is a draft. As the campaign outlay is 13 pages I would have a table of contents with each sub-heading given a reference number (ala Epic) ie: 1.3, 2.1 etc.