[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Aeronautica Imperialis Campaign - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:48 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 pm 

Hey Richard, thanks for emailing through the draft campaign pack. I thought I would ask some questions here so everyone can see the answers given if they are wondering the same thing.

1. Can you purchase Ace's from your initial layout of 800pts?

Quote:
For this campaign you will have 800 pts to spend on your Air Force and Ground Troops, start with Two Campaign points, have 100 Building points to spend on your forces forward Air base and Two Strategic Target Points.
Ground Troops or Defences?

We get 100 Building points but are only allowed to spend 60pts on the Forward Air Base, what is the extra 40pts for? Edit: What is the actual purpose of the Forward Air Base?

3. How many Campaign Turns are you envisaging? Winning the Campaign just says "eventaually".

Quote:
Each played will be required to write a squadron list (army list) as both the attacker and defender for the mission they choose to play, as each player could be the attacker or the defender.
I dont see the point in getting players to write up redundent lists. Wouldnt it be easier to write your squadron list after determining who is the attacker and who is the defender?

5. The whole idea of TEAMS seems a bit redundent if each player is required to fill out squadron rosters to forefill all roles, unless of course during the campaign they lose the capacity to forefill that role, in which case they should be looking to spend their New Reinforcements to replace those losses? No?

If you are allocating players in Campaign Missions does that also mean you will be allocating teams? My point is if you are not and you have allocated everyone to play a different opponent and then find that a player needs to team up to achieve their mission you are going to be running into all sorts of complications (including forcing teams), especially with the allies matrix.

6. Allies Matrix, can this used in the initial shell out of 800pts as well as with reinforcements? As an example I play Chaos (no transports), so straight off the bat Im forced into having to TEAM up unless Im allowed to select forces from Imperials or Orks. I have no intrest in collecting Imperials but Orks would be fine for the role, I actually have a Thunderhawk (Chaos Space Marine, makes sense to me) but that isnt allowed via Allies Matrix.

7. Winning the Campaign (see question 3.) Is there a margin for victory here? With so many interested parties I imagine establishing an uncontested war zone would be pretty hard. Edit: is it first to reach a certain amount of campaign points?

8. Requesting Reinforcements.........I would never not roll especially if I had the option to force someone else team up with me.

The rest looks good, very ambitious and I applaud you for your efforts. Even though I would say Im not a noob at this game, I will still need a bit of help getting my head around this. Only one other suggestion I would make seeing as this is a draft. As the campaign outlay is 13 pages I would have a table of contents with each sub-heading given a reference number (ala Epic) ie: 1.3, 2.1 etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 pm 

DJCodex,

Thanks for your input. you've given me heaps to mull over and address.

I'll address your questions as soon as I can.
regards
Richard

Crimson Dark

War is all we know, peace is but a myth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 pm 

Thanks for your comments DJCodex,
I have the following responses:
1. You may purchase Aces.
2. This was a typo, it should read Ground Defences and 100 Building points
The purpose of the Forward Air Base is that it will be utilised in special Campaign missions.
3. At this stage I have left the end date / winning conditions open, I want the general consensus from the players.
4. I included players to compile an attacker and defender lists as this would be done on the day of a Campaign Turn to save time, they do have two weeks to compile these lists.
5. I included the Team idea as alot of players at the club dont have large quantites of models and i didnt want run out and purchase them just to participate in the campaign. Im hoping that if I have to allocate teams things will go smoothly.
6. Ive updated the Allies matrix.
7. To determine the Winner Im using a leader board, see question 3.
8. Requesting Reinforcements, my intention for this is to keep players in the campaign.

I hope this helps, but further comments are welcome.
I'll be at the Armadale Wargames Club on Saturday if you want me to take you through the rest.

Crimson Dark

War is all we know, peace is but a myth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm 

Hmmmmm, thought I replied to this....................nevermind.

Basically I cannot make Saturdays due to random work commitments.

Good luck with the campaign.