[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ReBoot Camp 2012 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:46 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: ReBoot Camp 2012
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 am 

ReBoot Camp 2012
Overall Winner
Oliver Paun (Grey Knights)

2nd Owen Davis (Orks)
3rd Chris Poli (Space Wolves)

Generalship
Owen Davis (Orks)

2nd Oliver Paun (Grey Knights)

Sportsmanship
Christian Hetebry (Blood Angels)

2nd Chris Poli (Space Wolves)
3rd Oliver Paun (Grey Knights)

Best Army
Rob Lyons (Chaos Space Marines)

2nd Alexander Danaford (Necrons)
3rd Rupert Ebery (Imperial Guard)

Blood Claw
(1st AWG Tournament or Best 16 and under player)
Danny Powell (Space Marines)

2nd Alexander Danaford (Necrons)
3rd Mitch Byrne (Eldar)

Painting (Peer Judged)
Mitch Byrne (Eldar)

2nd Daryl Gordon (Imperial Guard)
3rd Oliver Paun (Grey Knights)

Painting (Organiser Judged)
Daryl Gordon (Imperial Guard)

2nd Oliver Paun (Grey Knights)
The complete results are available here and have been sent to RHQ.

Thanks to all of you who made the trip up, down or across to play at Reboot Camp 2012, we had 20 players.

Thanks to everyone who attended and to Richard Henderson and Grant Eakin for their help in running the event and Alex Danaford for helping me setting up the event).

Please post any comments or feedback here or pmail me if you prefer.

Thanks

Gary
Our next 40k event is
Armourdale 2012
Apocalypse Tournament
(details available soonish)
8-9 December 2012

Post subject: Re: ReBoot Camp 2012
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 am 

Those of you who left the event just after the presentations will notice that there are a couple of changes to the awards.

Immediately after the presentations Chris Poli was quick to point out I had incorrectly input his third round score which in turn gave him the Generalship Trophy. The correct recipient of this trophy should have been Owen Davis.

I would like to apologise to both Owen and Chris for this error on my part and thank Chris for graciously returning the award.

I am also pleased to announce that Daryl Gordon is awarded the Best Painted Army (organiser judged) award.

Unfortunately in my haste to get the results finalised I didn’t realise that we didn’t have the actual trophy and then didn’t print out a result for this award. Apologies Dizzy, I will organise a trophy and get it to you ASAP.

As a result of the above issues, I will try to incorporate the following checks into our subsequent events:

Get someone else to check my data entry.
Unfortunately the data validation in Tournament Overlord doesn’t handle this situation, and in this instance it actually crashed after I input the 3rd round results. I quickly rekeyed the Battle Points to do the round draw but incorrectly keyed Chris’. Someone reading them out as I entered them would have solved this.

Make a checklist for the awards.
I used the physical award as a checklist and printed off the results for each one. Unfortunately I hadn’t realised that I didn’t have an award for Best Painted (organiser judged). This was in part due to the fact that on Tuesday the supplier realised they didn’t have enough mounts and they weren’t completed till Friday. Just to make life complete I was ill on Friday so I just went down and picked them up but forgot to check them.

As always I appreciate and will consider any feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 am 

Woohoo!

Thanks Gary for a great event and a fun day. I think everyone was going a bit slower than normal having to double check a lot of rules but I still had 4 great games against great (and patient) opponents.

I'm a big fan of the one day tournaments and I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 am 

Thanks for the great day and event Gary & Armadale Crew, thanks again to my opponents also.

Came away with two major wins, a draw (think there would have been a few draws that round) and a minor loss, finished 6th overall.

Having played a few 1750pt games in the lead up, I knew I was going to struggle with the 2 hour per game time limit. That may shift with some more experience.
Thankfully didn't have to refer to the rule book too much during the day, and thanks to having some handy sheets provided helped speed things up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:35 pm 

Going to mention here that I came home without a Rule book, if anyone has found themselves with one more can they please let me know ASAP.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Going to mention here that I came home without a Rule book, if anyone has found themselves with one more can they please let me know ASAP.
I have a copy that was left behind.

I had to get off the computer and go to brunch and didn't get a chance to email you earlier, assuming you are Jay or Rupert?

Please PM me for the ransom details if you want to see your book again and I will arrange the return of your book :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 am 

I have sent the results off to the relevant parties (Luke and RHQ) for uploading, so the should be available soon.

Though I would imagine the Westgamer League won't be updated till after Unending Battlelines.

Now if I can only get next Saturday off :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm 

My Feedback for Reboot Camp;

- Great looking Tables and Terrain, with plenty of different types of terrain and plenty of it on the tables. It was a great choice to use a large part of the collection for the tournament, and really enhanced the gameplay.
- Rather smoothly run, with the exception of the loss of time immediately before round 1, which shortened the amount of time to play in each round by 10minutes per round. This affected my First and Second game only, while game Three and Four were ended by (rather inopportune) Dice Rolls (denying me a chance to secure a late game victory :( )
- The scoring, for the most part, was actually rather well devised, with the exception being the Victory Point Matrix for the 5ed 'Kill Points' game. I did not like the matrix at all, and would prefer that the victory conditions be unchanged for event planning to run this mission. It was not in the players pack, and so I was a little surprised to find something so game-changing at the event.
I would much rather see a players skill at list writing compensate for his abundance of 'Victory Points' than any Matrix.
- Hotdogs were a great Idea! Snack food that isnt chips and chocolates, available not just at the lunch break was excellent (and delicious).

Overall, a rather fun event to attend.
Biggest suggestions, keep doing what youre doing, but dont change the Victory Conditions at the event.
Make this known in your players pack.

Thanks to Gary and the AWG (Richard, Alex and co.) for taking the time to organise and run this event.

-Sco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm 

sounds like a good day of games.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Results have been uploaded and can be found here!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable