[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Mayhem 2011 Results - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:23 am

All times are UTC+08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4439
Location: LV-426
Quote:
Thanks Gaz!

wow got 3rd last for sports! even with factoring in only 5 games. wasnt expecting that, but oh well.
It was probably just a one off snipe.
I wouldn’t read into it too much, you sometimes just get unlucky.

_________________
"I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."


Last edited by Demosthene on Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 pm
Posts: 11303
Great results, I didn't realise until now that best overall was Tyrannids! They came from nowhere with someone who didn't even have a RankingHQ score. Well done Shane, next time I hope to play you.

For how the armies did in generalship that people like to debate so much, the top five were my Blood Angels, Shane's Tyrannids, Jon VB's Dark Eldar, Colins CSM, Duncan's classic Space marines. Then comes Aarons BA, Adam's Dark Eldar, Bredan's Wolves and Conor's Dark Templar and Sean's Daemons round out the top 10.

It's good to see some classic armies do so well and the Dark Eldar players both make the top 10. My own game vs JVB's Dark Eldar was my favourite of the tournament just because the guy is such a wiley player and I won it by a literal hair's breadth. Close games are the best.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 am
Posts: 4497
Location: Plato's Cave
Quote:
Great results, I didn't realise until now that best overall was Tyrannids! They came from nowhere with someone who didn't even have a RankingHQ score. Well done Shane, next time I hope to play you.
Shane is a friend of mine from way back in primary school, he's been a non-stop Tyranid devotee since he picked up the second ed codex all those years back. If he puts his mind to conquering the WA tourney scene then look out! :shock:

_________________
From Russia With Love


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:18 pm
Posts: 2737
Location: Armadale
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Gaz!

wow got 3rd last for sports! even with factoring in only 5 games. wasnt expecting that, but oh well.
It was probably just a one off snipe.
I wouldn’t read into it too much, you sometimes just get unlucky.
Well my little droog (even though you were out of costume by this time), as Jon has pointed out one game skewed the result. You can probably recall which game that was, because you gave that individual a lower score than he gave you :shock:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4439
Location: LV-426
Quote:
My own game vs JVB's Dark Eldar was my favourite of the tournament just because the guy is such a wiley player and I won it by a literal hair's breadth. Close games are the best.

I don't think the Blood Angels were expecting to be out assaulted :P
Very close game though, defiantly my favorite of the event.

_________________
"I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 pm
Posts: 11303
Quote:
I don't think the Blood Angels were expecting to be out assaulted :P
When 2 dreadnoughts fight 5 witches, you don't expect them to get destroyed in shower of metallic fragments while the girls walk away unscathed. The new Haywire grenades are amazing walker killers, glancing AV13 vehicles that are immune to krak grenades on a roll of 2+. Not to mention Mephiston being casually killed, taking only one lady with him. I'll take those girls more seriously in future :D
I was in damage control mode from turn 2 onwards and had to play the objectives, it was a good game.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:32 am
Posts: 336
I was stoked to get a chance to play against the new dark eldar codex for the first time.

Thanks for that game Jon, I feel I took a lot from it.

Apologies once again for not playing out the last turn, I was mentally spent and the timer was up, but in retrospect i robbed you of another couple of points which would have made a big difference for you. sorry.

Wyches were definately the most important learning point for me.
Turns out they are a much larger threat than the ravagers.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Mayhem 2011 Results
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4439
Location: LV-426
Quote:
I was stoked to get a chance to play against the new dark eldar codex for the first time.

Thanks for that game Jon, I feel I took a lot from it.

Apologies once again for not playing out the last turn, I was mentally spent and the timer was up, but in retrospect i robbed you of another couple of points which would have made a big difference for you. sorry.

Wyches were definately the most important learning point for me.
Turns out they are a much larger threat than the ravagers.
Always a pleasure Colin.
Don't worry about the last turn, as you said time had already been called and the organizers were hovering around for results.
And Ive got that third place quota to maintain :P

You had me worried with your first two turns of shooting and combat, but once the rest of my Wyches and Incubi waddled into combat things went in my favour.

_________________
"I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC+08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited