It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:26 am 

Quote:
WOW...

More numbers. Looks like it will be a great year.

What I am more impressed about, we know have our second lady signed up to play. AWESOME stuff everyone.

A heap of new players, the first female coaches to attend the Rumble........lots of stuff happening. Got a good feeling about this year.
We going to be able to fit everyone in that hall slothy? Have to move the organisers table into the kitchen lol.

Whats the difference between "confirmed"and "registered" attendees on your list.....?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 am 

There should be plenty of room ;) I just might move the tournament organisers table to the front of the room and block off that "suicidal" kitchen door. Way more room that way.

Registered are those that have filled in the registration form on the Redneck site to express their intent on attending.

Confirmed are those that have paid and good to go :)

I know of at least 6 locally who are coming and either haven't signed up or paid....with another 2-3 possibles. That doesn't include the guys I know coming from Perth....so we should be good for numbers this year (I never include myself as I will literally be the ringer if needed).

To be honest, this year we might be doing some meals for lunch for people to buy. If that is the case I might just have to find someone who can do the ringer duties for me if required ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29 pm 

Another update with some more players.

Also, just a reminder if you want to order one of the special items time is running out as you have till next Saturday to get the order in.

Saturday night details about to be announced, but I might save that for the final confirmation of catering.

I will be organising meals at the Redneck this year for Saturday and Sunday lunch.

$10 a meal. More details coming. There will also be soft drink and water sold and a good old Sausage Sizzle, so keep an eye out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:46 pm 

Will sort my ticket out shortly as I am now in paid employment :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:43 am 

Quote:

Also, just a reminder if you want to order one of the special items time is running out as you have till next Saturday to get the order in.

Saturday night details about to be announced, but I might save that for the final confirmation of catering.

I will be organising meals at the Redneck this year for Saturday and Sunday lunch.

$10 a meal. More details coming. There will also be soft drink and water sold and a good old Sausage Sizzle, so keep an eye out.
Will we need to organise lunchs etc before, or "put your orders in on the day"

just looked at the players list - 15 coaches so far, but 5 dwarf coaches amongst them - shall we rename the event the "dwarf-fest rumble" for this year ?!?! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Will we need to organise lunchs etc before, or "put your orders in on the day"

just looked at the players list - 15 coaches so far, but 5 dwarf coaches amongst them - shall we rename the event the "dwarf-fest rumble" for this year ?!?! ;)
Ahhh its always bash heavy representation.... ;) I wonder if that is a residual effect from the Bruno Dwarf List of Cheese he bought to the first ever Redneck. Reminder that CAS counting is changed this year....that might sway a few ;) Also locally...we have a guy who ONLY goes after CAS's at this and the Sandgroper...never won one, but keeps trying. I think there is a band of guys who try to make sure he doesn't get it each year....LOL

More info later, but lunches will be ordered at the event. I will be getting enough to cover a fair portion of the numbers. Essentially pay in the morning, you receive a token, use that to get your meal for lunch. We tried it at the last WAAGH and it worked reasonably well. We ironed out some kinks (like not knowing that number 6 on the temp dial actually meant 280 degrees :0 ) and got an idea on portion size etc. We where thinking about Sat night as well, but a lot of people like to bail into town to restaurants or whatever, so figured lunches would make life easier :)

I can do them in stacks of 6 so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Final numbers will define how many portions I provide ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:59 am 

It cannot be because of the cheese or there would also be a lot of claws :D :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:26 am 

Quote:
It cannot be because of the cheese or there would also be a lot of claws :D :oops:
Hehehehe.

Honestly, people don't know how close I came to allowing one player with Claw, instead of one Double Skill after that year ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 am 

how has the casualty counting changed from last year?

give us the lowdown slothy lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:18 pm 

Quote:
how has the casualty counting changed from last year?

give us the lowdown slothy lol.
Its in the players pack ;)

But its pretty easy. For a CAS to be applied for bonus points and CAS award a block needs to have occurred. As long as a block is layed if it causes a CAS..it counts.

So crowd pushes count (a block is needed).

This gets rid of failed dodges, missed landings with thrown little dudes etc etc.

I did it for convenience before, but the cas award was always a bit scewed.

It might effect the bonus points however if anything I think this makes it a touch more balanced. Excluding the first year it has been a predominantly bash winning event, but Skaven, Elfs and other squishy are always there or there abouts. I reckon it won't effect a great deal with the overal standings, but the CAS means a bit more ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 pm 

I've finally bought my ticket :)

Initially wanted to take my Dark Elves down, but having just received my Vortice Miniatures Ogre team has made me seriously reconsider...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:28 am 

They. Look. AWESOME!!!!!!!

Got the paypal notice, will be updating tonight. Had drinking and Netrunner to do last night ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:35 am 

Wasn't sure I liked them initially from the photos, but in person they are nicely detailed and well made. Look forward to painting them, but sadly gonna have to wait a week or two to finish them as they sent me a duplicate ogre :(

They're sending out the missing one, so will be a couple of weeks away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:35 pm 

About an hour or so of painting into the ogres. Actually enjoying painting them!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:41 pm 

About a month to go guys :shock:

I have updated the original post with some basic information about the Meals we will be providing for the Saturday and Sunday Lunches.

I have also updated the original post with a link to some basic information for Saturday night. Should be another great night with some more "organised" gaming from 7:30pm onwards.

OH hell...I meant to check my Muscat supply. That 10 litres from last year is almost gone. Might need another 10 litres....might go the tokay or Port this time ;)

We have 17 parties who have either paid or expressed interest. I am also expecting another 4-5 locals who haven't put their names down, yet. It should be a great weekend.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next