It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:20 pm 

ok, just booked the time off work required and ordered my team from spain, so im good to go.

looking forward to it, was mint last year............

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm 

Quote:
ok, just booked the time off work required and ordered my team from spain, so im good to go.

Good to hear.

Should be pretty good fun too this year I reckon. Pretty relaxed and laid back.

More locals really getting the community spirit so hoping Saturday night turns into a good fun night as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 pm 

I am thinking I may need to book Monday off...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:38 pm 

Quote:
I am thinking I may need to book Monday off...
Makes it easier. I've done the smart thing and booked the Friday and the Monday off. Heading down earlier in the day, and if so desired, may stay an extra night and head back in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 am 

Hehehe...

Unfortunately, due to a new job, I may not get the whole Friday off this year, or the Monday. But I will have my minions sorting something out for the early attendees Friday ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:12 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Good to hear.

More locals really getting the community spirit so hoping Saturday night turns into a good fun night as well :)
just got to sign myself up on the redneck page now........

im planning n playing one race, but there may be complications if my models are slow to arrive or arent painted yet. is there a issue if i sign up as one race but bring another on the weekend?

Cheers, Ross

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:23 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good to hear.

just got to sign myself up on the redneck page now........

im planning n playing one race, but there may be complications if my models are slow to arrive or arent painted yet. is there a issue if i sign up as one race but bring another on the weekend?

Cheers, Ross
None what so ever.

The sign up is just "a guide". You can change your team right up to the start of the first game....mind you, as the TO and to help my poor overworked minion just don't change it after you register on the day ;)

Also, looks like the locals will be heading out for either the CAS or the STUNTY this year....LOL. There will be some stiff competition for the wooden spoon this year as well :)

If I thought I had time I would set the ringer up as a halfling team for laughs.

Saturday night is coming together. Last year we had several groups so I have an idea to bring groups together for a fun social night of quick ass gaming and some fortified wine tasting for around 2 hours.

Essentially there will be "booths" set up with a couple bottles and a simple game. Play games, drink the drinks. Put your scores in then settle down to either gaming or drinking...or combine the two for my favourite part of the weekend...LOL.

Games that will be up for the social part might be Coup, Poo the Card Game, Tsuro, Hare and Tortise, Zombie Dice among others.

After that we have Xcom, Spartacus (6 player), Battlestar, Smash Up, Zombiecide and a few others...so I am sure people will find something to play...and there is bound to be more.

Not to forget there is a strong X-wing Mini and Netrunner community building....so expect a few games of that floating around over the weekend.

And then we have the WAFFL Open with some local teams starting to get organised. A good way to play some new blood and take advantage of the Open style of play for that league.

Friday and Saturday night are starting to get more planning and preparation than the actual tournament.....LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:36 am 

You can borrow my Halflings Slothy ;)

I will likely bring Norse unless I can get another team painted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:14 am 

a little off topic but need to ask......has anyone had any issues with the guys at comixininos.com before?

ordered some models, website said they were on holiday till 10/8 and that they would send all orders between 10-12 august. ok fine. logged on again today, says they are now on holidays from 11-26th august, with deliverys to be sent between 27th-31st.......

WTF? No response to emails. phone goes to a spanish answering machine......not very happy lol. i kinda need these minis in my hands to get painting, and at this rate, im doubting they will arrive on time at all.

MODS - if wrong section, please feel free to move to appropriate discussion area.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 am 

Hey Jinxed. I usually have no problems dealing with Cominixisinmosixnsioo's.

Pronouncing them yes, dealing no.

That does seem a bit strange from my past dealings. Hopefully someone else will shed some light.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 am 

Quote:

That does seem a bit strange from my past dealings. Hopefully someone else will shed some light.
yeah its annoying as they came so highly recomended. im sure they will get sent, but the communication is so far, piss poor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:29 am 

Quote:
Quote:

yeah its annoying as they came so highly recomended. im sure they will get sent, but the communication is so far, piss poor.
Yeh I can appreciate that.

It does seem strange. I would hazard a guess the "holidays" are something a touch personal the way they extended them out like that. Still doesn't help your situation though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:32 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeh I can appreciate that.

It does seem strange. I would hazard a guess the "holidays" are something a touch personal the way they extended them out like that. Still doesn't help your situation though.
thinking about it logically, this is probly the case.......i will keep updated regardless.

now, back on topic - BRING ON THE RUMBLE!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:48 am 

sadly wont be able to make it this year but I will ensure Watto brings down Trailer Park Wars as that is an awesome game and will end in laughs and tears :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm 

I have just had confirmation from Mrs. Ratt that she will indeed be playing, using Ogres, whilst I will most likely settle on a painted team, so maybe Dwarfs. Just need to organise a couple of tickets, email sent to Sloth about it...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next