It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 pm 

Then I will die with a smile on my face :P

Seriously though, depending on the number of points played I will probably be only able to field 4 of them anyway! The are just fielded as my compulsory choices...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:02 am 

Just to make sure everyone is up to speed this us definitely a go for September 7th. Would be great if we could get all the players there for a meet & greet.

Between now and them we can start working out who's on which side, and who's going to be the 'general' for the side.

+ Allies +
MrGTST (Americans)
Reaper (American)
Eckythump (British)

+ Axis +
RAGNAR (SS)
AdvanceOp (German)

Ecky looks like you get to pick :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:57 pm 

That doesn't make it any easier :/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:31 am 

paint as quick as i can :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 am 

Quote:
That doesn't make it any easier :/
Well if I put you with the Allies we will actually have some Brits landing at Sword Beach ;)

It will also give the allies a player with para's so we are not doing paratroop landings with yanks in tanks :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm 

Job done!
Which means I'm now considering that Tetrarch Recce Company. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 pm 

Its looking like the best I can muster is 1000pts is that ok ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm 

@Ragnar: yeah 1000pts is fine. If you need some firestorm troops im sure someone will loan them.

@Ecky: Figured you might say that, and I think thats better than a Panther company ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:28 pm 

Just a heads up I am still intending to run this next month.

Iron Dragon this weekend then I'll start sorting through the logistics of running a FoW Campaign.

Not too late to join in... infact, the joy of Firestorm is it's NEVER too late.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:34 pm 

Hi Dave, and everyone else, just to make it official I'm in / conscripted into the Glorious Third Reich. So I'll be playing Fj's.

Cheers John Zak.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm 

What sorts of points would you be looking at in regular games... I have to trawl through my collection and piece a force together, that and reads the rules :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:29 pm 

What ever you can pull together. :) 1000, 10000 its all up to you and your opponents when you play a game. One or both sides may have extra points, but that will be know in advance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 pm 

We finally kicked this off today with Sosoomi kindly hosting, and MrGTST and Eckythump rolling up to take on Fortress Europe.

There's a lot more detail for the day over at the new Soul Raven Website

For the first game I was defending a quiet seaside town near Quistreham against MrGTST's Americans. For the sake of some historical accuracy (even though I would be facing Americans not Canadians) I took a ‘Sword Festungskompaniie’. Here's the sleepy little seaside town before the first bombardment hit.

The Allies pulled with off with just minutes to spare. We'd made some mistakes in the game, like you do when you haven't played a game for over 12 months, and it's likely the Allies would have lost this one, but it is what it is. Over on the other table Ecky's Para's had secured Breville against John's Fallschirmjaeger. We resolved the rest of the beach landings with the "Generals Game" and the Allies had (conveniently) 2 exploitation attacks.

Swapping opponents, and with new lists we took up standard FoW scenarios and played these out. My game was atragic loss against Ecky's well oiled Cromwell tank company, while MrGTST's Americans lost to Sosoomi's FJ's. The final battle is the 21 Panzerdivision attack, which failed to recapture Sword Beach.

At the end of Turn 2 the map looks like this.

Turn one of our D-Day 2014 campaign is done! The Allies have made a good start, but failed to link up beaches, which will make landing more troops challenging in the coming turns.

Turn 2 generated the maximum five battles, which will be spread over the next 2 weeks. Anyone is welcome to join up! You don't have to commit to the full campaign, and can play just one game if you want. Just post your interest here.

The first battle has been decided, with the Germans getting the hop on the Allies, winning initiative, and driving into Arromanches with the 12 SS Panzerdivision.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 pm 

Turn two away!

Played Ecky yesterday at TGA with the Axis seizing an early initiative roll and trying to retake Sword beach.

Didn't turn out so well, but nothing ventured nothing gained. The 12 SS Panzer division fall back to reserves.

Meanwhile the Allies have taken advantage of the Caumont Gap and charged to Villers-Bocage. This game and the second battle of the round to be played out tomorrow at Outpost 6030.

With one battle of five down, the maps now looks like this...

... which looks much better when you can see all the flags :P I may have to knock up an e-version.

For the players, here's the revised scenario table for Caen

Also, here's a link to all the 3rd edition missions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:36 pm 

Ok, so not being able to see the flags on the map was bugging me, so I converted the whole map to a multi-layered image. Hopefully you guys can better see whats going on now.

Two more battles down, three to go for Operation Perch.

You can see the full sized map >> here <<

A bit of interest generated at Outpost last night, so a timely reminder that anyone can jump in at any time to play one or more battles. Just get in contact with myself of Eckythump.