It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:38 pm 

First off, move this if it is in the wrong area.

Secondly, a massive apology for not getting up to the Sandgroper, no excuse...I am just a numbnuts, got the weekends completely wrong.

Thirdly, I have been pretty bummed on the hobby scene lately due to an issue with the venue for the Redneck this year. Long story short, we got booked out from under us before last years event. I totally understand why, they can make more from other parties. Just a bit disappointing. Since I discovered that I struggled to find a venue in town.......BUT!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!

The Redneck Rumble 2014 will be held on the dates of October the 25th and 26th. Normal Saturday and Sunday gaming. However with the new venue, ticket price ALSO includes accommodation for the Friday night as well, perfect for those early arrivers, and pre event Ports :)

http://redneckrumble.org/

The Players Pack is available via the menu at the top as well as Registrations etc.

I was playing with the form system I installed, and was slowly getting things ready, letting the local guys test some options....when all of a sudden there was a registration from a bloody Perth player...seconds after publishing :) Same bloody person responsible for the "Bruno Smell Like Cheese" skill selection rule :)

So I figured I would do an unofficial announcement here, to get the dates out there and let people know what is happening.

There is still some cleaning up to do like I forgot to mention its a State of Origin Qualifier and I have not confirmed a few things to set up the tickets purchase system.

However, the dates are DEFINITE and confirmed, prebooked etc.

For those wanting to bring families we don't have separate Chalets, but a separate Dorm with some "separate" rooms. 30 beds in both Dorms so there should be more than enough room.

I am offering 2 "Visitor" prices. One Night Stay for $20 and Full Weekend Stay for $35.

More information to come and I will properly announce it when I have everything nailed down...but...

There is a rumor of several kegs with around 15 litres of Port and Muscat that might appear...........strap on the plastic ladies....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:46 pm 

Couldn't resist mate, super keen for another Redneck Rumble.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm 

Quote:
Couldn't resist mate, super keen for another Redneck Rumble.
LOL...mate I couldn't stop laughing....

Being at the Scouts Camp this year its nice and close to several general stores (the one in Bayonet Head now does some GOOD roadhouse meals) so food is close, town is close, alcohol is close.........they just installed brand new toilets and shower stalls...very nice. Full Kitchen, fridges, enough tables.....lots of fun :)

Might even be able to have an outside fire for the Saturday night revelry :) No promise there, but possible.

Hell there is even a "bunkhouse" that reminds me of an indoor amphitheater....now if only I could secure a goat and a bear......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 pm 

Already got my leave booked :) count me in for the full weekend spectacle.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:29 pm 

Quote:
Already got my leave booked :) count me in for the full weekend spectacle.
Yeh well..you and Duro are on my "check their damn fortified wine before entering" list...

By the way...got another bottle of the magic elixer...here is hoping the cork is good in that one :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:38 pm 

I'll be there. Won't be able to book leave, as someone else has the whole month off, but I'll be getting there late Friday night. Probably with Mrs. Ratt in tow...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 pm 

I will buy my ticket in a week or so when I get my payout from redundancy. I will be a student for the next 6 months, whilst also working as a consultant for Isagenix (detox program) so weekend off is no drama :)

I am looking at getting a run of home brew to bring down in my kegs, but will at least bring a couple of bottles of random port :)

Post subject: Re: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Yeh well..you and Duro are on my "check their damn fortified wine before entering" list...
Oh so I shouldn't bring my other bottle of razorback special? I has been sitting in the sun all summer but should still be OK right?

Post subject: Re: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Oh so I shouldn't bring my other bottle of razorback special? I has been sitting in the sun all summer but should still be OK right?
Go for it...

However don't be surprised if we instill the "you bought it, you finish it" rule this year for voted worst bottle :P

Actually......not....a....bad...idea....

LOL

I doubt I would be that cruel....but we have to have some sort of "punishment" I reckon....LOL...maybe a guide book to "how to buy and drink port"...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:46 pm 

I think in the razorbacks case, go for it = 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 pm 

I'm in :D :D :D. As if there was any doubt.

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm 

you already know my answer.... hmmm what to bring.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:59 pm 

once we have confirmed the dates for our Japan/Hawaii trip i will know if i can make it down for Redneck...

if i do make it i will try to find the Fortant Merlot i had in Bali earlier this year, now that was a lovely drop and shouldnt bring any complaints :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:12 am 

I will be there with family - I still want my third RR Title

Prime Caine 2 - 1 Epic Caine 1 - 1 J Krane 1 -

Khador

Prime Butcher of Khardov 1
-0 Karchev the Terrible 0 - 0 Kommander A Zerkova 0 - 0

REDNECK RUMBLE 2011 & 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 am 

On my trip to Tassie to see the folks I have acquired a nice bottle of port for the night