It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am 

(copied from another thread)

So ... say you're a prefecture player with the starter set (36 points or 35 if you count Jin as the generic Ashigaru.) Say you are really really really really really really really really really keen to get the dragon but the supplier is out of stock. Say you've got a voucher burning a hole in your pocket. What 2 little or 1 big figure would be the best complement to the starter crew?

Thanks!

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:14 am 

I think Mikio is going to see more action as more subtle strategies come into play. He doesnt have to have tattoos.

Sosoomi swears by the sorcerer and healer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:41 am 

Mikio's the sumo, right? His control abilities are excellent, he looks like he'd play more like I expect/want the Silvermoon big guys to play. The sorcerer looks good on paper and the healer would make pretty much any Prefecture list I would make.

But for me the most interesting part of the Prefecture armoury is activation control with the Order and Command abilities, building on what Hanso can already do. So if I was adding two small pieces it would be Junichi the horn blower (and the healer). My big piece would be Katsumoto Takashi or Ryoko-Sha.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 pm 

Dave, if you're still reading this, I'm familiar with 35 and 50 rice battles ... What are other standard sizes or aren't there any specific ones?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 pm 

Thanks for the good thoughts both of you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 pm 

Well, I listened to what you fantastic folks said and ordered the healer ... And then something caught my eye from across the crowded website that I couldn't say no to! I can't wait to show you all at the International Boardgame Day at TGA!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:27 pm 

Quote:
Dave, if you're still reading this, I'm familiar with 35 and 50 rice battles ... What are other standard sizes or aren't there any specific ones?
These are the most common to date, and what Iron Dragon has run with.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 am 

Sorry I was busy all weekend at Comiccon (and then sleep).

One note I'll make is, a good little guy is the hornblower ashigaru, Junichi. The combo of him with Hanso is brillant, plus by himself it is another MS 3 Brave model for 5 rice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 pm 

Quote:
Sorry I was busy all weekend at Comiccon (and then sleep).

One note I'll make is, a good little guy is the hornblower ashigaru, Junichi. The combo of him with Hanso is brillant, plus by himself it is another MS 3 Brave model for 5 rice.
NOW you tell me!!

:p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm 

I did tell you :lol:

You went for the ninja didn't you? People can't resist ninjas. Well, unless they're pirates.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:44 pm 

Quote:
I did tell you :lol:
Eh?
Quote:
But for me the most interesting part of the Prefecture armoury is activation control with the Order and Command abilities, building on what Hanso can already do. So if I was adding two small pieces it would be Junichi the horn blower (and the healer). My big piece would be Katsumoto Takashi or Ryoko-Sha.
Well so you did! Why didn't I listen to you? Oh wait ...
Quote:
You went for the ninja didn't you? People can't resist ninjas. Well, unless they're pirates.
*sob* It's true, it's so, so true! They're just so ... :!: Oh I'm so ashamed!! :oops:

... Wait ... are there pirates in Bushido?! :mrgreen:

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:22 pm 

Quote:
... Wait ... are there pirates in Bushido?! :mrgreen:

Joel
Yes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:29 pm 

Oh dear ... I'm going to need more ninjas! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:11 pm 

You don't need ninjas. You need an army.

In honesty a particularly scary force would be:
50 Rice
Katsumoto Takashi (12)
Hanso (9)
Junichi (5)
Fujitaka (6)
2x Guardsmen of Ryu (8)
2x Spearmen of Ryu (10)

8 Models with plenty of ways to get pass tokens so you can control the flow of battle, you also have two ways of performing Commands or Orders which can be brutal if done right. Here is an example 1st turn Hanso and Junichi Focus. Katsumoto Orders them, so they can move up a bit. You then have on turn 2 enough Ki for Move It!, Battle Stations and Tactical Master allowing you to move your force up for free and attack simulatously. Refresh and then do it again.

Also I can't find anything (granted I'm at work at the moment) but nothing says you can't stack multiple Commands as the Command ability itself is a simple action :)

To say nothing of the large Leadership area of Katsumoto, the wide range of Brave in the force (and a way to remove frighten tokens anyway) and while there isn't a really big hitter you have 2 guys with guns that can get close for free and then still shoot :P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:29 pm 

Quote:
You don't need ninjas. You need an army.
Spoken like a Takashi...

You'd never find an honorable Ito using such dishonorable methods like these supposed shinobi.

Besides, Ninja are a myth.

Played my first game with equipment cards last night. I like them, even though none of my favored samurai can take clan armor.