It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Cool well that's at least 4 for this Saturday.
Make that five.
I can field 35pts of pref and as have never played ive no idea if the list works but i imagine i will do by end of weekend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm 

I should be able to come along on Saturday, depending on family making their mind up though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 pm 

Well that's 10 players with Hymn and myself having "Best in Faction" wrapped up ;) Although MrGTST hinted at playing I to a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 pm 

I've a question. My understanding is you can only get credit for painting 5 models of any base size for the league points. However, Prefecture has only one model that isn't 30mm. It's the Dragon everyone loves (to hate) which is 40mm and not going to be in stock at Batal any time soon! Is there any compromise available here? :D

As an uneducated thought, perhaps after 5 models a 2 40mm credit can be given for painting 3 30mm? Maybe credit for painting up scenery pieces? Maybe ... Something else?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:54 pm 

Hmmm... good point. The intent of limiting to 5 was to prevent Temple & Wave getting away with big runs of small/tiny models. I hadn't considered the fact that some factions don't have any large base models

I shall have to do some re-calculating. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 pm 

Thank you for your consideration!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm 

No Problem. Bit of an oversight on my behalf. No faction has 5x 40mm based models :roll: So, the new limits are as follows.

30mm Bases - Max 10
40mm Bases - Max 2
50mm Bases - Max 2

... plus if any Silvermoon player paints every model released they will received a bonus 3 points
(so they have the same maximum - as the newest faction they only have 13 models available!)

Points remain unchanged. I'll try to get the players pack updated this week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 pm 

Google form for results!
Follow ++ this link ++ to the Google form to enter all your results! I have tried to make it very drop-down driven so that you can populate it fairly easily via smart phone! I'll bring some paper copies on the weekend, because, you know... technology. O.o

Hobby Points and Season Bonus points will be manually added by your friendly neighborhood Retainer (me).

Campaign Map
Also, with many thanks to Retainer Greeny I have this map from the SmogCon 2014 campaign.

Locations may grant different weekly bonuses to the "controlling" faction at the start of the week. These will be posted on the Soul Raven web page for the campaign (coming soon) on the following dates 7th April, 14th April, 21th April, and 28th April.

The locations are:

1) The abandoned temple
2) Torii path
3) The Burakumin hamlet
4) Northern rice paddies
5) Back roads
6) Forlorn forest
7) The Dragon-Fish Inn
8) Headman's house
9) Bamboo Forest
10) Merchants Quarter
11) The docks and ferry
12) Village houses
13) Takashi Mansion and estates
14) The western rice paddies
15) The high bridge
16) Training grounds
17) The Swamped farmlands
18) Decaying paddy fields
19) The Shrine to Kami-Numachi
20) Island shanties
21) Gorinto path to Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 pm 

I'm not overly familiar with campaigns like this. Are we fighting over territories? Will you announce where we start?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm 

Quote:
I'm not overly familiar with campaigns like this. Are we fighting over territories? Will you announce where we start?
When you play your opponent, you just pick a location to play over. The winner's faction gains a control point. At the nominated dates I will announce which faction controls which locations, and any benefits that may be gained for future encounters (if applicable).

For games on the 5th - 7th it's not really going to make a lot of difference, although canny players may have already worked out that some locations - just from their names - may be worth securing... maybe ;)

It also gives you a bit of theme for the terrain on the table if you have the luxury of choosing... locations 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 20 would be great locations for someone who ... say... won 1st prize at Iron Dragon 2013 ;) Locations 4, 14, 18 would all be cool for my rice paddy board.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm 

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:57 am 

Hmm the terrible legions of the Wave will have to play many times for their might to be recognized I think. One of the advantages of having multiple members of the same faction.

....... wait I have a question. What happens if two players are using the same faction and versus each other, does that match not count for control points?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 am 

I am looking forward to games on Saturday.

I am aiming to be at TGA around lunchtime through to 4-5pm, so hopefully 4+hours. . . . .I still have some models to assemble. . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:27 pm 

Quote:
Hmm the terrible legions of the Wave will have to play many times for their might to be recognized I think. One of the advantages of having multiple members of the same faction.
Yep, so far same applies to Ito & Silvermoon. Thats just the way the fortune cookie crumbles.
Quote:
I have a question. What happens if two players are using the same faction and versus each other, does that match not count for control points?
Nope, pretty much guarantees that faction a control point.

:arrow: This is just a bit of flavor, and will drive a bit of a background story. More will be revealed Saturday 8)
:arrow: The bonuses for "controlling" the territories won't be worth more than a couple of Rice.
:arrow: There are 21 locations, and thus far, 10 players. Plenty of room for everyone.
:arrow: No prizes or Silvermoons will be dependent on the location aspect of things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 pm 

So, I think we have confirmed for Saturday:
Darth P
Hymn
Runejack
Gambit
AdvanceOp
Svenbloodhowl

So we should have a good turnout. Three tables at least.

I'll have peoples patches with me Saturday, and happy to take sign-up's on the day. I'll bring along all my boards so we should have a decent variety or terrain to play on.

Cheers
DaveC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next