It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

This is a reminder to ALL forum members about one of our most important rules on WestGamer, regarding account use.
Quote:
6. Account Use.

Multiple accounts are not permitted on WestGamer, as they can potentially be used to sidestep posting bans, or to "anonymously" flame other members. If you currently have more than one account registered, please contact the admin to have excess accounts deleted. When discovered, additional accounts will be deleted on sight and the original user will face a forum ban.
I had to give Matt-ShadowLord a stern warning about this yesterday when he mentioned to me that he had created an additional account (Adrods Howl) to play forum mafia incognito. Very fortunately for him - a light slap on the wrist due to the fact that he owned up before I needed to take any action.

If I catch anyone else operating multiple accounts on the site however - there will be no "light slap on the wrist". There will be an immediate and permanent ban from WestGamer. I don't care what your reasons are, whether it was for a game, a practical joke, or because you forgot your original login. The rules on this are clear, and are there for very good reason. Operating multiple accounts on the forum is potentially dishonest, and can allow people to get away with all sorts of bad stuff. Harassing users, trading post fraud, additional votes on important issues, influencing conversations, the list goes on. As with all forum rules - ignorance is no excuse. It is a condition of forum use that all users are aware of and abide by ALL rules. They are not negotiable.

If you are having trouble logging in to WestGamer - do not create an additional account. Email admin@westgamer.com and we will resolve your technical issue for you.

I am currently aware of 2 other people who are operating multiple accounts (one of them to play forum mafia), including who the original users are. Those 2 people have 1 week to come clean to me about it before those accounts (original and new) are deleted permanently.

For those of you following the rules (99.9% of you), thanks - nothing to see here. ;)

Cheers all.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]