It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 pm 

Hi all,

Got a Nidz army I was hoping to update for this edition. I know the nerf stick has has had its way with this army but their just so easy to paint and look so impressive on the table it's hard to resist. Would love any comments on the list. My concerns are enemy flyers and AV14???

1497pts

+ HQ (410pts) +

Hive Tyrant
Scything Talons, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings

Tervigon
Scything Talons, Stinger Salvo

+ Elites (240pts) +

Venomthrope Brood x1

Venomthrope Brood x 1

Zoanthrope Brood x 3

+ Troops (407pts) +

Genestealer Brood
Broodlord, Rending Claws
10x Genestealers, Rending Claws

Termagant Brood
18x Fleshborer Termagants

Tyranid Warrior Brood x 3
Boneswords , Devourers

+ Heavy Support (440pts) +

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands, Devourer with brainleech worms, Scything Talons

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands, Devourer with brainleech worms, Scything Talons

Mawloc (140pts)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 pm 

The leviathan supplement and the new bugs (especially the "not a mycetic spore") make the list very solid these days.

Flyrants (Hive Tyrant with wings and 2x TL devourers with electroshock grubs) make short work of flyers and vehicles alike and every competitive list generally features 2 if not 3 of them

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:44 pm 

i would be interested to know if people still play nids on a regular basis. I thought they had become extinct.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:05 pm 

I've started a Nid army as an entry point into 40k...
Not got a lot of experience to date, but would echo the thoughts on the value of flyrants.
Also, not sure 3 Zoanthropes running together are great, I think they are okay as solo synapse that can suck up damage, but not fantastic offensively.
Also, put devourers on at least some of the gants...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:49 am 

I focused the three Zoanthropes together to capitalise on the destructive ability of psych phase onto one unit as I need the other two elite spots for other units, but if spread into multiple units more psych power but diluted effect with warp blast and other powers as some are attacks x Number of Zoanthropes in unit (warp blast).

Prime Caine 2 - 1 Epic Caine 1 - 1 J Krane 1 -

Khador

Prime Butcher of Khardov 1
-0 Karchev the Terrible 0 - 0 Kommander A Zerkova 0 - 0

REDNECK RUMBLE 2011 & 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 am 

Nids won Las Vages Opens this year with over 300 players attending. So nerfed... umm no they beat eldar, marines, tau and every thing else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:21 am 

Quote:
Nids won Las Vages Opens this year with over 300 players attending. So nerfed... umm no they beat eldar, marines, tau and every thing else.
You make an interesting point.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:06 pm 

You have to be confortable with the current edition and knowledge of a system and the abilities in it are also a thing to take into mind. That being said if you don't like this edition it will reflect you in your army build and gaming.

Also knowing what the event outlines are, restrictions and expectations of other lists.

The game has so much to offer these days that you'll rarely see 2 armies that are similar like we use to a lot in 5th and early 6th. So that's a bonus too. =)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:34 pm 

Thanks for all the great discussion all. Really interesting to hear about those tournament results! Would be very interested in seeing the list used. I seem to struggle to come up with what I consider balanced lists for 1500pts with this dex. It might be the points restriction I'm holding myself to but that is there for a very good reason. 250pts across 6 armies is a lot of $$$.

I've made a few changes based on your replys.

Dropped a few genestealers and gaunts to pay for a second pair of devourers with BL worms and electroshock grubs for flyrant but otherwise no major changes. Looking forward to testing the list out when Mikeys back!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 pm 

http://bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/up ... n-2105.pdf

And your wish has been granted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 pm 

Way to throw out the troops section of of the book! I knew that mawloc lictor combo was a good thing. Shame you have to drop everything else to get the points for 6 lictors and the 3 mawlocs... Well except for the 3 flyrants!

The whole combined arms detachment thingo doesn't sit well with me either. Get to double your FOC with no penalty. I just don't get it?

Well learnt some stuff anyway. Thanks mate!

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:55 pm 

Incidentally...

"ARE there any Nidz players out there any more???"

Just saying.

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:57 pm 

< Here's one.

I'm getting back into 40K slowly slowly as I haven't played properly in a long time. All the new detachment, data slate and whatevers are causing me a little confusion atm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:01 pm 

Ain't just you buddy! :oops: