It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Epic Orks -first attempt
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 pm 

I was browsing around for some more Tau models and stumbled upon this little 6mm beauty

That would be a pretty good proxy for a skorcha!

I've still never played Orks in Epic, but have always been impressed by the massive Skorcha mobs Jason uses.
How does this look for a first draft, and what could be improved (apart from the spelling)?
7 + 4 activations and probably a ridiculous amount of Air and AA for an assault list.

Burning Death Speed Freeks (NetEA Tournament Pack 2013)
==================================================

KULT OF SPEED ('UGE) [560]
24 Skorchas, Flakwagon, Warbike

KULT OF SPEED (BIG) [410]
16 Skorchas, Flakwagon, Warbike

KULT OF SPEED [260]
8 Skorchas, Flakwagon, Warbike

KULT OF SPEED [260]
8 Skorchas, Flakwagon, Warbike

KULT OF SPEED [200]
8 Skorchas

KULT OF SPEED [200]
8 Skorchas

KULT OF SPEED [200]
8 Skorchas

FIGHTA SKWADRON [150]
3 Fighta Bomba

FIGHTA SKWADRON [150]
3 Fighta Bomba

FIGHTA SKWADRON [300]
6 Fighta Bomba

FIGHTA SKWADRON [300]
6 Fighta Bomba

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm 

What are the Warbikes for?

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 pm 

As I recall, Jason used them to get 1 shot off and place a BM on a target.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:15 pm 

The Flakwagonz can do that and Buggies have a longer range than Warbikes (only 15cm shot).
Warbikes are good for CC.

All up the list looks flippin horrible... in other words, very good!
I think Jason had more success when he left the fightas out of the list though.
Bring a Flakwagon or 2 (or 6) for AA and maybe one big squadron of planes to be your artillery?

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

Post subject: Epic Orks -first attempt
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 pm 

Does that really look like fun? I can see the thrill of trying it once or twice, but the thought of having to take so many Skorchas all the time to win makes me not want to play Orks anymore. They might as well call the list Skorchy Skorcho's Skorchin Hot Skorchas! I laughed when Jason told me taking fighta bommas instead of mo' Skorchas in the last tourney is why he did so bad.

Yikes, I feel like I'm ranting! I've probably just suffering from Skorcha envy! By the way, that Image doesn't seem to be working? It might just be me?

Also, like Steve said, you'd want a buggy instead of a bike. The exception is your free war boss who I'm pretty sure has to ride a bike with the speed freaks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am 

If you are looking to emulate Jasons list from memory Jason had the bikes there for the close combat. he also had those mekwagon things for the free void shields.

personally my exterminators love orks so by all means please make this list. see how your 72 skorchas go against my 30 exterminators :twisted:

if I am totally honest though, the epic community in perth is unfortunately fairly limited and it would be a shame to have two people playing the same list. what happened to your sisters of battle?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 am 

Quote:
The Flakwagonz can do that and Buggies have a longer range than Warbikes (only 15cm shot).
Warbikes are good for CC.
That makes sense, thanks
Quote:
Does that really look like fun? They might as well call the list Skorchy Skorcho's Skorchin Hot Skorchas!
Yes it looks like fun, Burning Death Speed Freeks! But mainly I just saw the proxy model and got tempted. A bazzilion little lunatics stapped to fuel tanks and ready to burn everthing sounds epic.
Quote:
if I am totally honest though, the epic community in perth is unfortunately fairly limited and it would be a shame to have two people playing the same list. what happened to your sisters of battle?
I plan to do Sisters, and that includes a lot of work on trying to make a playable popular list out of them.
I'll do that first, and perhaps just borrow models to try out a skorcha list rather than buy a ton of new models. But did you see the little guys riding that flame tank? Awesome :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm 

Cool, a thread about skorchas
Quote:
What are the Warbikes for?
I opted for warbikes over buggies for the simple fact that I wanted to focus on engaging, rather than shooting. The bikes are also used for CC'ing stuff I don't want shooting at me, like Leman Russes. The Fightabombas have the job of prepping formations.

Quote:
I think Jason had more success when he left the fightas out of the list though.
I quickly learnt that having a chunk of your force in the air didn't really help you claim objectives and that's where you win games of Epic (well, just playing games of Epic is winning in my books).

Quote:
Does that really look like fun?
Yes and no. I like the theme and they are cool to use in a game, but they are absolutely horrendous to use in a touranment. Plus, I'm sure a few people didn't have fun facing my skorcha horde, but as people saw at the recent tournament, they aren't that unbeatable.

Quote:
I laughed when Jason told me taking fighta bommas instead of mo' Skorchas in the last tourney is why he did so bad.
Actually, it was the fact I took too many FB that cost me games, not the reduced number of skorchas. If I had anything else on the board that could claim objectives I probably would have faired better.

Quote:
he also had those mekwagon things for the free void shields.
The Mekboys do three things, give me a 45cm MW attack, the powewrfields soak up the first hit and most importantly, they help reduce the number of BM my formations take. With the absence of units with leader in the army, be prepared for carrying around BM for the rest of the game. And once your 8 man units break, they're as good as useless, needing 5+ or worse to rally.

Quote:
I'll do that first, and perhaps just borrow models to try out a skorcha list rather than buy a ton of new models.
Just let me know when you want a game and you can use my guys. Or if you want to use them in a campaign or tournament just say and they're yours.