[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Help adapting to ETC 2400 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm 

Hi all.

Im thinking of heading over east for "battle in the vines" (2400 using ETC comp) and could use some thoughts on adapting what I have been using recently.

The list I have been running recently is as follows:

4x exulted flamers (one general)
1x herald of nurgle (bsb)
2x23 plague bearers (standard)
2x5 furies
1x4 beasts
1x3 beasts
2x3 flamers
1x4 plague drones (standard, poison attacks)
2x1 skull cannon

I have been liking this a lot, it plays well in shooting (unless shooting at a frost phoenix) and combat, its mostly cannon proof, and it includes none of those bloody wizard things!

Unfortunately its completely and utterly illegal under ETC comp.

The core of the list has always been the nurgle bsb, two blocks of plague bearers, the furies, and the beasts. Im keen to keep these as they form the core of stability around which everything else works.

So I need to work in something that can reliably kill a daemon prince, something that can break open a few units of demigryphs or skull crushers. Something to shoot up those nasty elven elites and/ or their fast cav chaff would be good to (prior to including the exulted and regular flamers I was finding dark elves a real problem to deal with).

A hard and fast rule I have when list building is "no wizards over 300 points without miscast protection"........so dont anyone tell me to add a level 4 lord of change!

I am currently thinking a keeper with greater (lash) and lesser (ASF, +1S, +1 to hit) looks like a good tool box option. It can chase high armour targets around lashing them (so even a prince flying around trying not to get hit in combat has to be casreful of taking a couple of lashes), its also pretty cool running up to monstrous cav units, lashing them, then lashing them for stand and shoot, then smacking them about with the keepers combat attacks. At 450 points I wont be too devestated if a lucky cannon ball flys over the beasts and one shots it.

After that a couple of skull crushers to work in tandem with the beasts to get rid of monstrous cav has surved me well in the past, and a couple of units of flamers lets me do something in the shooting phase besides the keeper. This leaves the list looking like:

1x1 keeper (greater, lesser)
1x1 nurgle bsb
2x23 plague bearers (standard, muso)
2x5 furies (slaanesh)
1x4 beasts
1x3 beasts
2x3 flamers
2x3 crushers

Unfortunately this list has no really decent wizard hunters (plague drones have been faithfully killing wizards for me for quite some time now) and this breaks one of the cardinal rules of running a list with no magic! I could drop the flamers for four drones, but then I end up with a very one dimensional list (push forward and smash, with a token shooting option on the side).

Thanks for your thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 pm 

Quote:
(unless shooting at a frost phoenix)
shooting at a frost phoenix
at a frost phoenix
a frost phoenix
I would do a couple of things that you have already said you are against so I am not really sure how much this is worth. Based on the ETC rules and your list I would do this:

1x1 keeper (greater, lesser), Level 4 Cacospam
1x1 nurgle bsb
1x23 plague bearers, 1x22 plague bearers(standard,gleaming pennant) (the only way I could min max to get exact min core for a 3rd unit of furies)
3x5 furies (slaanesh)
1x4 beasts
1x3 beasts
4 plague drones(standard, poison)
4 plague drones(standard, poison)

This list is alot harder to get points out of. If I was playing your list the flamers and skull crushers would be 2 things that I would target to get points from. Plague drones however are pretty much S5 beasts that can charge 22 inches.

If you are feeling risk averse, Acquiescense and the small version of Cacospam are able to be cast on 2 or 3 dice. One of the 2 will go off with a low chance at miscasting, thereby nerfing what you need nerfed to an average move of 3.5 inches.

The 3rd unit of furies could come in handy, I have been having great success running 4 units of chaff. If you don't need to block something they can always go and hunt warmachines.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable