[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
X-Wing Squad Lists - Post yours here! - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:38 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:48 pm 

This is something I'm seriously considering taking to May the 4th this year.

I call it: Space InVADERs

Darth Vader - Elusiveness & Engine Upgrade
Soontir Fel - Push the Limit & Stealth Device
Royal Guard Pilot - Royal Guard TIE, Shield Upgrade & Stealth Device

Theme: Just like in the video game all the years ago, just when you've got the shot lined up and you think you're gunna blow away one of those Space Invaders, they barrel roll out of the way and nail you instead.

Pros: There is no real way asteroid deployment can work against you and in most cases can only aid you. I've found that by turn two you're got at least 1 of your ships in behind an enemy ship while the others are set to be there by turn three. Redundancy in this list comes in the form of manoeuvrability coupled with high Pilot Skill, shooting first is nice, not being shot is better!

Cons: Lucky hits aside, poor movement and poor enemy manoeuvre management will kill you every time by gifting your opponent opportunities, 3x shields only goes so far to mitigate this. Ships with 360 degree fire will also make you're life hard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:02 pm 

My list – from Marchs tourney

Tie Interceptor - Soontir Fel, Push the Limit, Stealth Device
Tie Interceptor – Carnor Jax, Push the Limit, Stealth Device
Firespray – Bounty Hunter, Anti Pursuit Lasers

The basic plan was to use the low pilot skill firespray as a giant roadblock, aiming for collisions by the opponent to trigger anti pursuit lasers as well as lock them in place for the super nimble interceptors to get in behind and engage. The double fire arcs on the firespray also meant that the enemy would often turn rather than overshoot after an impact and this made it easy to guess where the enemy would be for the interceptors guns.

The Interceptors deserve a special mention – I don’t think I would ever run one without push the limit. The dual action (with a stress) combined with barrel roll and boost make this ship insanely fast and manoeuvrable. Combined with a basic attack value of 3 and potentially a focus as well they are lethal. The stealth device was very handy and led to a number of situations where the firespray was the target over the interceptors as the defense value of 4 (often combined with obstacles or long range to end up at 5 or even 6!) meant the shots would be wasted – especially if I had an evade token. The firespray could soak it up with an evade token of its own and the solid hull and shields meant it held up well.

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:14 pm 

I played Armadale and today at Good Games and finished 3rd then second with the following.

Chewbacca YT with Swarm Tactics, Anti Pursuit Lasers, Draw their Fire, and a Hull Upgrade.

Roar Garnet HWK with Ion Cannon Turret.

Green Squad A Wing with Swarm Tactics and Assault Missiles.

Low Pilot Skill of 3, 4, and 5 generally means moving first. Roark making one of YT or A Wing PS 12 in shooting passing this onto next through Swarm who then passes it back to Roark means I then get to shoot first with all ships.

Moving first and shooting first, what's not to like?

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 am 

My success so far has been rather limited with quite a few different builds currently I'm looking at

Lambda omg pilot
Firespray bounty hunter
Tie intercepter x 2

All this for the firepower and hp

I already know the other list are real solid with top commanders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 am 

Yesterday I played with Rebels:

Wedge Antilles w/Push the Limit, R2 droid (1/2 manouvers are green), Engine Upgrade, and Photon Torpedoes
Biggs Darklighters w/Rs droid (+1 agility), stealth device
Jan Ors w/Squad Leader, Nien Nub

The idea being that Jan would pass his action off to Biggs so that he's rolling 4 defence with focus, and then he would use his pilot text ability to give Wedge one extra attack dice(while Wedge takes away a defence dice from his opponent dice). Wedge would PTL in the first firing exchange to fire his torpedoes with focus, and could then boost around as required for position.

Worked okay, and every pilot has a role (Jan is support, but he's got a dual purpose so it felt like the points were worthwhile). As it was my first time with Rebels, my big problem was in figuring out how to fly them in the long-term. Short term I'd be conservative with small moves, but after the first pass, or if I had to make long moves around the board (as I did with Matt in game 2) then I was struggling keeping them on track.

Good fun. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:09 am 

I just won the new Imperial ACES so will really have to try them out soon. In the meantime here's my new BWing squadron. It's designed to finish every game with a time to spare (one way or the other! :wink: )

Buzz Saws

Dagger Squadron Pilot — B-Wing 24
Fire-Control System 2
(After you perform an attack, you may acquire a target lock on the defender)
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
(4 shots at Range 2-3, no additional evade dice for long range, Immediately after rolling your attack dice, you must change all of your Crit results to Hit results)

Fire-Control System 2
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

Fire-Control System 2
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

And here's a variant I made that might be better, but is a bit more dependant on the opponent's Pilot Skill selections.

Bitsy's Buzz Saws

Ibtisam — B-Wing 28
(When attacking or defending, if you have at least 1 stress token, you may reroll 1 of your dice.)
Push the Limit 3
(Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action shown in your action bar. Then receive 1 stress token.)
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

Blue Squadron Pilot — B-Wing 22
Fire-Control System 2
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

Blue Squadron Pilot — B-Wing 22
Fire-Control System 2
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am 

It's a bit pricey but if you're going B-Wings I like Ten Numb + Autoblaster. At Range 1, your opponent's defences are almost entirely ineffective (can't cancel hits from the Autoblaster and can't cancel one crit from Ten Numb, so unless you roll 2+ crits it doesn't matter how much your opponent evades).

I'm looking at a list built around Chewbacca in the Millenium Falcon. At the moment all I have to run with it are X-Wings but I think Y-Wings (with Ion Cannons) or B-Wings (probably Advanced Sensors) would be better.

The Y-Wing build is essentially the same as Rekkon's squadron from the International Hi-Lo but B-Wing's have (arguably) better maneuverability, better shield/hull distribution and are less reliant on a turret weapon. Any suggestions welcome.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:45 am 

Quote:
It's a bit pricey but if you're going B-Wings I like Ten Numb + Autoblaster. At Range 1, your opponent's defences are almost entirely ineffective (can't cancel hits from the Autoblaster and can't cancel one crit from Ten Numb, so unless you roll 2+ crits it doesn't matter how much your opponent evades).
YMMV but I just don't like the autoblaster. I think it was either slightly overpriced or should have been range 1-2. The build you suggested would probably absolutely slay noobs, but struggle vs some of the more advanced builds. It;s the sort of thing that gets you to top table early and then stalls.
For example I think I could guarantee I could run a popular pilot like Soontir Fel (PS9 to Numb's PS8, can barrel roll/boost/both) without ever ending up at range 1 of Ten Numb. Or rather, in his target arc at range 1. :D

By contrast, the HLC build I have isn't as fancy but does it's best damage at long range and relies on killing everything from interceptors to Bounty Hunters by the same process of rolling 4 dice at a time with focus and free Target Locks.
Quote:
The Y-Wing build is essentially the same as Rekkon's squadron from the International Hi-Lo but B-Wing's have (arguably) better maneuverability, better shield/hull distribution and are less reliant on a turret weapon. Any suggestions welcome.
Rekkon has done really well with that squad so it's obviously viable. I prefer Bluebacca (the chewie and 2 blues you're suggesting) because damage output is higher, but I haven't tried the YT-YY build yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 am 

WanderingFool threw together a list for me, it looks super fun, gonna try it out tomorrow against him :mrgreen:

All the Interceptors! Well, 3...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:57 am 

Quote:
WanderingFool threw together a list for me, it looks super fun, gonna try it out tomorrow against him :mrgreen:

All the Interceptors! Well, 3...

Thats very weird. I got the Imperial Aces due to finishing second on Sunday (I'd already won them at the Armadale tournament but gave that set to my son) and the list I came up with was that exact one! I though no-one else would go with it as Imperial Aces are great with Push the Limit but its only included once here. I also went with Veteran Instincts when I got to 99 points rather than having the Initiative due to being under 100!!

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:01 pm 

Hahaha oops, I hope you don't mind if we're both running the same list then :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 pm 

Great lists. Howlrunner is a good addition.

Well at least mine is a bit different

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27
Push the Limit 3
Stealth Device 3
Royal Guard TIE 0

Turr Phennir — TIE Interceptor 25
Push the Limit 3
Stealth Device 3
Royal Guard TIE 0

Carnor Jax — TIE Interceptor 26
Push the Limit 3
Stealth Device 3
Shield Upgrade 4
Royal Guard TIE 0

And to answer two obvious questions:
They are all Royal Guards so they can all be painted Red. Red ones go faster.
Carnor Jax gets the Shield upgrade instead of Soontir because Carnor is more likely to be close to the enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 pm 

Haven't really had time to analyze it properly, but I've been eyeing the idea of 4x Black Squadron TIEs and 2x Saber Squadron TIE/IN. 2 points spare, all pilot skill 4.

Haven't played the game enough to figure out if I would just be tripping over myself all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:01 pm 

Quote:
Hahaha oops, I hope you don't mind if we're both running the same list then :oops:

Well I wont be running it at the May the Fourth KRAGS tournament as unfortunately I'm out of the country :cry:

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm 

YTs and Royal Guards seem to be very popular here in Perth.

In Sunday's tournament at Good Games There was 12 lists. I think of those something like 4 out of 6 Rebels had YTs and 4 out of 6 Imperials had Royal Guards.

Can anyone else who was there confirm this? Can't remember the exact numbers but I do know that Matt and I finished top 2 and between us we had 150 points worth of YTs in our lists :!:

KRAGS Gaming Club
Fridays 7.30 - 11.00 pm