[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Seeking Tomb Kings Advice. - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:32 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am 

So folks, not played Warhammer in a pretty long time and seeking some advice with regards to Tomb Kings

Which of these options would be better?

A) 3 x Necropolis Knights with Champion and 30 Tomb Guard with Halberds and full command.

B) 4 x Necropolis Knights with Champion + Standard, 30 Skeleton Warriors with full Command and 30 Skeleton Warriors with Spears and full command.

I'm really just trying to get a half decent 2000 point list together from the models I have available. I have no expectation of winning any games but I don't want to just give away easy victories either.

At my disposal I have the following painted

40 Tomb Guard with full command
40 Skeletons with Hand Weapons and full command
40 Skeletons with Spears and full command
29 Skeleton archers with full command
16 Skeleton Cavalry with bows
25 Skeleton chariots
2 Screaming Skull Catapults
2 Warsphinx
1 Necrosphinx
6 Necropolis Knights
6 Sepulchral Stalkers
3 Tomb Spiders
3 Tomb Swarms
1 Casket of Souls
A few Characters

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 am 

first piece of advice get a new army.

Now thats out I would go the tomb guard.

Basic Skeletons are well lets face it less than good and generally give your opponent combat res.

While the knights are good the difference between 3 and 4 is minimal when compared to the upgrade between tomb guard and skeletons.

Tomb guard when you have your general in their at ws6 are scary. Killing blow means that any character risks their lives each combat. Especially when you get killing blow 5+. The str increase alone is worth it.

My only tip is most tomb king armies I see go light or no horseman which I think is a mistake. Make sure you have 3-4 units of chaff being 5 minimum horseman no upgrades that you can just throw away for blocking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am 

Hi Hutch

Good luck ive had some great games with TK they are a challenging army to play with. My first piece of advice would be to go and submit your list on the forum TombKings.net there is some really good players over there and if you can endure the occasional Nerd rants you will learn alot from this forum.
here is the link
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index ... 4a&act=idx

Hopefully i will see you over there my username is RustyGates1989

on your original questions.
You want 6 NK in a unit i find that they last longer, don't seperate your skeleton warriors, you want to use them as a tarpit put 50 of them in a unit with sword and board. No Spears you dont want to be hoarding these guys and the spear is not worth the points as Necro said a prince in this unit will make these skeles ws5 wich can be areal pain for opposing core. If you are going to take NK Take Ramotep he gives a random construct unit re-rollable saves. if you are planning on taking NK as your only constructs then this is a given. 3+ rerollable for win :)

On the TG horde, give them the halberds and the Razor banner. You need this as this is one of TK only answer to the growing meta of Monstrous cav. I would recomend the light over death but thats preference. Wow im starting a rant.

Best advice go spend and hour or 2 reading on the forum, post your list and listen to the feedback, Vallah, Jimmy and Krael are all really experienced players and any advice they have in threads is worth listening 2.

Sorry for Rant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 am 

Thanks for the advice, lots to think about.

I will let you know how my list goes after the weekend. :P

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Want to get into BATTLETECH? Chuck me a PM.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable