[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Can I be any more rude? - 1850 40k No Comp list - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:54 pm 

Hey Westgamerians

So tournaments on the east coast are no where as much fun as WA :( . This whole comp v's no comp thing is dumb...from what I can see it promotes hard as nails lists at no comp events for some pretty serious game play... where as in WA I always found that any event was a great time. Guys your in "tournament eden" don't ever forget it!!!

Anyway... I'm headed off to a No-Comp event in March and I've decided to be "that guy" for a change. I love me marines so this is what I'm thinking of playing. Any suggestions / comments on effectiveness or possible changes is appreciated.

I'm sure my plan is pretty obvious :mrgreen:

Primary Detachment White Scars
Kor'Sarro Khan Moondrakken

8x SM Bikes 2x Grav-Gun; Serg: Combi-Gav & Melta Bombs
+ Attack Bike Mult-Melta

8x SM Bikes 2x Grav-Gun; Serg: Combi-Gav & Melta Bombs
+ Attack Bike Mult-Melta

Thunderfire Cannon
Thunderfire Cannon

Allied Detachment Imperial Fists
Chapter Master Bike; Artificer Armour; Shield Eternal; Power Fist

5x Scouts Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifles

5x Centurion Devastators TL Lascannons / Missile Launchers; Omniscope

Inquisitorial Detachment
Inquisitor Coteaz

Fortification
Skyshield Landing Pad

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm 

Well it is strong but what is its flyer defence?

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:52 pm 

As a chaos player I would not count this very strong as I see your relying on the sky shield for protection but you don't get that benefit in close combat which is in the chaos players favour. Against others it's strong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm 

So you think it's a Rock / Paper / scissors list? Good to know.

I've assumed that the bikes grav guns can deal with MEQ combat units and the Chapter Master can accept challenges but haven't run this list so....every plan is good until first contact!

My flyer defense is:
1. Ignore them
2. Target the Centurians at them with Prescience. 10 high strength shots with re-rolls should get some 6's & Arm 12 doesn't hold up too long to S8 & S9 hits.

Those who oppose the forces of darkness do not survive. those who oppose it die under the stampeding feet of its minions and those that don't have no promises, for the gods are fickle beings of truths, half-truths, and whole lies.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:54 am 

Quote:
So you think it's a Rock / Paper / scissors list? Good to know.

I've assumed that the bikes grav guns can deal with MEQ combat units and the Chapter Master can accept challenges but haven't run this list so....every plan is good until first contact!

My flyer defense is:
1. Ignore them
2. Target the Centurians at them with Prescience. 10 high strength shots with re-rolls should get some 6's & Arm 12 doesn't hold up too long to S8 & S9 hits.
I usely have two FMC in my list ,the drakes are one of a few targets that you would want to prioritise that if things have gone well should hit on turn 2. If terrain is good I will try and hide the FMC with there first turn of movement so what I have found in my games if you can blunt the sword by turn 2 that will normally be enough. Having said that at the last tournament I played against Elysium's centurions Death Star and he did some serious damage too me on turn one (600pts gone = 2 FMC in a 1500pt game ) but a lone daemon prince made it into the star and the he slowly ate the who squad, the challenge mechanic helped a lot here as well.

I keep telling people as a chaos player the DA are better than scars for the most part because you get access to the 4+ invol and that my friend saves bacon. Chaos list have ways to just by pass armour saves so the invol save means your not just removing models. Working out the right combo of using the DA dex and the SM dex is the trick imo .

But having said all that what holds up well against chaos may not hold up well to other army's . So this is just food for thought :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:06 am 

Thanks for the comments.

It's made me rethink things....

With a little tweaking on war gear I can swap the Sky Shield for an aegis defense line. It still gives me a 4++ for the Centurions from shooting but adds a gun that can target flyers. With split fire I can put Coteaz on the gun and if needed he can target separately.

Plus allows me to have the Chapter Master on bike join the Centurions in case I face a FMC that wants to get in quick and try to eat that squad. The CM can challenge and he should do well.

I like the idea of a power field generator but I like the White Scars chapter tactics more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 pm 

I like the list. Looks more or less good by fair, Id be happy to see this against me. Im not really sure how you make it any more rude to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:25 am 

Quote:

I like the idea of a power field generator but I like the White Scars chapter tactics more.
You are awear that the difference in between the two (apart from cost) is the +1 to cover saves for the scars ( if I remember correctly) you are paying for khan for the ability to scout and outflank right? DA scout and out flank too it's just you have a different type of character tax to get the bikes. If I'm correct you have a choice of two characters that can unlock the bikes as troops and if I'm correct one of those characters gives a whole unit a 4+ invol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 pm 

Ok, I think I need to get the DA codex and look at this. The 4++ sounds appealing.

White Scars also auto pass diff terrain test, +1 S to hammer of wrath and have hit and run.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:34 pm 

From memory, Ravenwing get Skilled Rider on their Knights, and they get H&R, and something to help with terrain.

I would have recommended a White Scars/Ravenwing medley. You get to take the Grav guns, Centurions and Eternal Master/Captain, while still getting that 4++. Mixing and matching Characters into units will allow you to spread all those buffs around to all. You loose out on the centurions though, I cant remember the IF chapter tactics off hand, Anyone give me a refresh?

I know those Black Knights are expensive, but i'd imagine they're a pretty good spot to chuck that Shield Eternal Captain, and he gains scout.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable