It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:31 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: New year army
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 am 

After a disastrous last few tournaments, I'm going to throw out all my old lists and start again. Rumours of new IG codex may bring the Tallarns back out of the box but for now I want to make my bikes work. I have some pure Ravenwing lists but not 100% sold on those, so here's some ideas to run what Ravenwing should have been...

2000 points
Chapter Master: (Bikesander I hear this guy is called?) - bike, Shield Eternal, TH, Artif. Armour - Warlord
Khan: on Moondrakken
Command Squad: bikes, apothecary, 4 grav guns
Troops:
Bike squad (8) 2x melta, sgt with Combi-Melta, add attack bike with MM
Bike squad (8) 2x melta, sgt with Combi-Melta, add attack bike with MM
Bike squad (8) 2x Flamer
Fast:
2x Stormtalon with HammerTime (tm)missiles

Allies - Dark Angels
Libby on bike, Power Field, Auspex, level 2
Ravenwing command(5), inc. apoc, grenade launcher
Scouts (5) sniper and camo.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: New year army
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm 

If Khan isnt ur warlord drop him as you only get scout for the army if he is ur warlord or make him ur warlord. Its pretty much the same as all net list for scars which annoys me as this is how ive been running for the past yr (obvesly with out grav-guns) ur also low on grav-guns.

Im gonna be looking at running actual ravenwing over white scars but ull see y when I get there.

Otherwise the list is solid and will be vulnerable to not getting first turn, losing the command squad, and if ppl go crazy with the new =][= allies neglecting ur scout move.

Id just suggest gettin 2 6man bike squads in with more grav and losing the flamer squad (they really won't do much)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:47 pm 

I agree completely with Neil . Everyone keeps going on about the new scars but to be honest as a chaos player DA are much harder to deal with as they have easy access to the 4+ invol. This takes away a lot of the ap 3 no cover saves ( cough heldrake ) punch chaos can do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 pm 

I'd recommend swapping the Org around.

DA main, White Scars allies (or even Iron hands for IWND on the master). Chuck that Bike captain/master in a Ravenwing command squad to tank up front, and the libby or two w/ PFG in a unit of scars/ih with grav guns so you can keep prescience on them. You keep scout and H&R on everything, and still have access to a thunderfire/stormtalon/stormraven (albeit only one of each).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 pm 

Cheers guys keep it coming! Don't worry Neil the list you sent me is still top of my choices :D I am naturally disposed to stay true to the Ravenwing but they do miss all the cool toys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:02 pm 

Plasma talons, power field gens, covis hammers, and true access to div is boss man. Oh no grav guns mehh they r gd but plas talons n the grenade launchers r pretty boss to bro.

Yea those lists r mean yet didnt get team approve for atc (which is silly cause im more experienced with bikes then pods) but mehh had a blast. Ill get a raven list together n we have raven off n compare notes.

Now if I verse the lists I sent ya I have to figure out how to beat them. Oh I also have to figure out how to get 15+ plasma talons =/