It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:26 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm 

Any thoughts?

Runelord, GW, Anvil, 2 spell breaking runes, MR Balance (3 bonus dispel dice, steal an oppo pow dice and get a dispel dice, 2 scrolls)

Thane, GW, BSB, MR Gromil, 2 runes of iron, rune of cleaving (1+ armour, S7, 5+ ward save)

30 warriors, GW, muso std
29 warriors, GW, muso

20 hammerers, muso, std
20 hammerers, muso, std

cannon, burning
cannon
cannon
grudge thrower
2 bolt throwers (1 engineer for BS4)
2 bolt throwers
gyrocopter

With this list it hopes to deal with all threats.
1. magic - with 2 scrolls, stealing 1 power dice and get a dispel dice plus the bonus 3 dispel dice I hopefully will be able to shut down a non IF magic phase. ie if 7 power dice are rolled with a 4 and a 3...I get 4+1+3 (8) dispel dice and the enemy get 6 power dice. Not too bad. even if 12 pow dice are rolled, I get 6+1+3 and they get 11 dice.

2. shooting - 3 cannon, a grudge, 4 bolt throwers (1 at BS4) and a copter will make swiss cheese of most monsters or ranked units. Sure the bolts are hitting on 5s at long range but everything counts in numbers. The anvil may be able to chip wounds off units and slow flyers down. The copter must be used carefully and hop over units to chip away with its multi use mighty S3 flame thrower.

3. Combat - where I shine and also grow dim. 4 ranked units of S5 and S6 will be solid but will struggle vs nurgle forces. But then against what doesn't? The anvil may be able to allow some awesome flank charges as long as I don't get greedy. But these will be obvious to seasoned players. Note to self...just play new players.

Weakneses:
- stomp may hurt me but hopefully my ranked units will grind down things before I flee.
- with only 4 combat units I will be outflanked. I have to deal with this.

any thoughts?

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm 

Not enuff shooty stuff 8)

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:06 pm 

A unit of miners instead of a unit of hammerers that you can anvil flank/rear charge can open up some tactical possibilities for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:16 pm 

only comment is that, depending on what you want to do with the combat blocks, your warmachines may be a little vulnerable. You've almost got overkill on sniping scary monsters, but not quite enough to reduce the combat effectiveness of a couple of scouting/fast cav war machine hunters - the gyrocopter's template would be useful, but if that gets taken out you may have a problem.

I.e., if you are not shooting at ranks or tough, multiwound creatures, you would have to fire pretty much everything you have at the unit to be confident to scare it off/kill it - and you'd assume that they are not the best targets for all that war machine mayhem.

I assume you are not planning on putting them all together, but I'd be tempted to maybe work in an organ gun, or unit of missile troops to provide some lower strength, but multi model threat deterrent...

That said, I've never played a dwarven gunline before, and that list scares me...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm 

Really good list but to shooty. Drop a canon, gyro and get an organ gun. Also work in 15 - 20 miners. The anvils power is in moving units into combat not any thing else.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm 

Also your to anti magic focused make sure your rune lord can survive combat as it happens often.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 am 

The BSB can't take any additional weapons so no GW.... Additionally you can't rune great weapons without adding another rune, can't remember what it is ATM.

Anyhow why not add engineers to all the war machines 4 wounds and BS 4 is the way to win the shooting war...... Cannons grape shorting at BS 4 will help clear any chaff that a MSU army could throw at them.

Last but no least I recon the burning rune would be better on one of the bolt throwers, anti fire characters are then scared of all three cannons......