[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Tomb Kings 2400pt. List Review - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:17 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 pm 

Hey all,

Please provide constructive C&C on the Tomb Kings list below.
It may get a look in at tournaments that play WFB the way it should be played - with little to no restrictions on the Magic Phase.

Tomb Kings biggest strength is their casting ability, and Power Dice generation. I have decided to maximise this strength.
Their biggest weakness is usually cracking armour (not many high St attacks in the army), and dealing with enemy characters and monsters.
I havent found a solid solution to the Armour problem, but I think I'm heading in the right direction for dealing with Characters and Monsters.

let me know what you think;

LORDS
Army General
Tomb King. Golden Death Mask of Kharnut, Helm of Discord, Dragonbane Gem, Great Weapon
Heirophant
High Liche Priest (Level 3 - Nehekhara)

HEROES
Liche Priest (Level 2 - Death), Power Stone
Liche Priest (Level 2 - Death), Enkhil's Kanopi
Rhamotep

CORE
48 Skeleton Warriors, Light Armour, Spears, Full Command
14 Skeleton Archers, Musician, Master of Arrows
14 Skeleton Archers, Musician, Master of Arrows
6 Skeleton Horse Archers

SPECIAL
5 Necropolis Knights, Full Command
6 Carrion
2 Tomb Swarm

RARE
Screaming Skulls Catapult
Casket of Souls
Heirotitan

Army Total - 2395

I have access to 3x LD10 (General's Inspiring Presence) Spirit Leech spells per turn to deal with Monsters, plus the SSC and Casket of Souls. Most big threats should be dealt with from afar, which helps me grind once combat commences with my two big blocks (Skeletons & Necropolis Knights - which might have a rerollable armour save).
The Tomb Swarms and Horse Archers provide Redirectors to the list, which the Carrion can do in a pinch after chasing fast threats (Fast Cav etc...) or Warmachines.
The biggest strength of the list is the magic phase.
I have Winds + 3x Channel + D3 power Dice per turn, with the ability of generating more with Enkhil's Kanopi and the Power Stone once per Game. Plus, My Spirit Leeches (or similar Death Spells) generate extra dice on a 5+ after causing wounds. This helps me remove threats early, debuff enemy targets and provide augments to my unitspretty reliably as long as the Casket and the Heirotitan survive the first few turns.
Finally, with the increased chance of generating Doom and Darkness, coupled with the Golden Death Mask, most Characters that engage the Skeletons (which look like the juicier target to engage) may end up not being able to attack if they fail a LD check that can't be rerolled and cant use the General's Inspiring Presence rule.
Doom and Darkness also help the SSC Catapult, the Casket and, (if they charge) the Heirotitan and Skeletons (causing terror).

Ive given you a bit of a run down on the list, and the way I think its supposed to work together, but please let me know if there is anything I might have missed.
Things Ive condiered changing are;
- Replace Rhamotep with a Necrotect, and upgrade to Level 4
- Drop one Lore of Death and Replace with Lore of Light

Thanks for having a look.
I look forward to hearing any feedback.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:13 pm 

Hey all.

Still looking for any sort of opinions on the above list.

Cheers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable