[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dark Elf - 2400p - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Dark Elf - 2400p
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 pm 

Hellebron

Master
Lance, Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dark Pegasus, Cloak of Twilight

Master
Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, Ring of Hotek

5 Dark Riders
Herald, Musician, Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders
Herald, Musician, Repeater Crossbows

10 Darkshards
Full Command

10 Darkshards
Full Command

10 Darkshards
Full Command

21 Executioners
Full Command

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Sourgerunner Chariot

Sourgerunner Chariot

5 Doomfire Warlocks

5 Doomfire Warlocks

This army strikes me as.... rather fun...
Great deathstar. 5 Bolt Throwers and 45 Repeater Crossbows. Solid Magic offense. Exceptional Magic defense.

Things that interest me- a Hydra, a Bloodwrack Shrine, upping the PegaMaster to a PegaLord. Shrinking the Esecutioners down and trying to run 2x14 or something?
Hellebron just looks like too much value to ever drop though... 8-10 S10 attacks, rerolls to hit and wound against basically everyone, granting frenzy to the whole Executioner unit.

Post subject: Re: Dark Elf - 2400p
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:11 pm 

YES join the no magic crusade!.......on wait, you have warlocks.....boo, your out!

OK serious time. Looks like a fairly solid list with a tone of shooting that will be hard to take points off. You then have some fast units to pick up small points here and there, and the smashtastic block. Personally I wouldnt feel safe with only one proper threat unit.....it only takes a good hit with a doom rocket/treb/firey convocation etc etc etc to wreck the whole block (unless Hellebron brings a big magic resistance) and then you have lots of things that deal damage, but not much to actually wipe units out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm 

I have not collected warhammer fantasy since around 1997. I have watched a couple of games and notice that models die quicker. So are units of 10 infantry not going to just disappear? It is something that puts me off collecting the dark elves is that you only get the 10 models in a box.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:10 pm 

Quote:
YES join the no magic crusade!.......on wait, you have warlocks.....boo, your out!

OK serious time. Looks like a fairly solid list with a tone of shooting that will be hard to take points off. You then have some fast units to pick up small points here and there, and the smashtastic block. Personally I wouldnt feel safe with only one proper threat unit.....it only takes a good hit with a doom rocket/treb/firey convocation etc etc etc to wreck the whole block (unless Hellebron brings a big magic resistance) and then you have lots of things that deal damage, but not much to actually wipe units out.
Theres no actual magic resistance on the Executioner block.... however, and spells that target it miscast on any double, and I have +6 to attempts to dispel them (lvl2 warlocks +4 for hellebron item). Trebs, Mortars, Hellcannons can definitely demolish the unit, but I think its pretty capable of wiping out most things in combat, even with only 5 or 6 models left.

Another thing, Chariots/Pegasus/Dark Riders/Warlocks all put up a pretty good amount of hurt in combat on their own. As long as Im using them to finish off things, not grind down whole blocks, theyre more than capable in combat.

I think i would REALLY struggle with some kind of blasted standard warrior deathstar with double hellcannon backup... but I think this list just laughs at the standard daemon prince double crusher style warrior lists.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am 

Why the full command on the darkshards?
Seems like 90 wasted point to me. That is another 7 executioners.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:32 pm 

I think that the command groups are good value in darkshard units? I could be wrong. But musos are always good, standards for Break Point, and shooting champs (+bs) are fantastic, allow you to challenge out scary characters.

Then again... a 6th Bolt Thrower... (or one less, and a Hydra) is definitely tempting. More tempting than 7 Executioners (although that WOULD let me go 2 units of 14.... hmmm)......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm 

Please, please find something else to do with 300 points besides the chariots. BS4, 24” range, non-rank penetrating, and only S4 impact hits is……just lacking! I guess they are OK’ish for shooting monsters (you’re probably going to get 2 hits in 3 turns assuming your moving most of the time), if you haven’t got any mnsters to shoot I don’t think they will do much at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:36 pm 

They dont penetrate ranks??? I thought they were just S7 short-range Bolt Throwers?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm 

I still like the idea of the Scourgerunners, but.... If I drop the command models from the Darkshards I can get a fourth Reaper. Then swap out one of the chariots for a combat unit. What sounds better, a Hydra, or a 14 man Executioner unit?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 pm 

What about a Kharibdyss for S7?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:30 pm 

Or that. The rerolled leadership isnt a bad little power too, but the sheer number of attacks, and the increased survivability, on the Hydra seem better overall?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm 

I just used 2 hydras in a proxied game, and they failed miserably. S5 T5 just isn't strong enough for a monster, they both got hacked to pieces before I had a chance to get wounds back. One game isn't definitive but I wouldn't use them personally if I started a Dark Elf army.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 pm 

So something like:

Hellebron

Master
Lance, Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dark Pegasus, Cloak of Twilight

Master
Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, Ring of Hotek

5 Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders
Musician, Repeater Crossbows

10 Darkshards
Musician

10 Darkshards
Musician

10 Darkshards
Musician

21 Executioners
Full Command

14 Executioners

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Sourgerunner Chariot

5 Doomfire Warlocks

5 Doomfire Warlocks

== 2400p exactly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm 

Looks like a gunline with a squishy (but very choppy) deathstar.

I think it will really struggle against anything with good chaff and that can take a bit of shooting, but will smash anything that only has one or two combat threats and loses control of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:06 pm 

i think its not a very good gunline. it has alot of S3 shooting sure but T4 hvy cav will walk through it or so i hope. i would be interested to see how my skink cloud goes against it.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable