It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:49 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 am 

In the Space Wolves codex

In the page for Iron priests it lists Cyberwolves as T4.

In the back of the book, under unit summaries, it lists them as T5.

Arooo. Which page is correct? Who knows!

Helfrost Destuctor dispersed ap in the weapon section is ap3 and in the quick reference is ap2.

IN THE SAME BOOK.

Issue exists in both paper and digital copies. (I own both)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Quality. Good to know the premium price gives you a premium product.

For the sake of consistency, I would say Rules > Summaries. But that really is quite pants.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:46 am 

Not the first time, won't be the last... Always go by the rules, not the summary

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 pm 

Quote:
Not the first time, won't be the last... Always go by the rules, not the summary
It is apparently from the mark up price you pay for a Cyberwolf (almost double the price) that you are paying for more than just the 1 attack increase and a slightly better save.

(16 pt Cyberwolf vs 8 pt Fenrisian )

And as Iron Priests are solo units, and only they can get them, I think its obvious the intend is that you buy cyberwolves for them, so they dont lose that t5 when with them alone (otherwise majority T4 kicks in). Plus GW has a history of 'cyber' giving you extra toughness.

I can understand if thats the way you want to go, there isnt much we can do, but it moves cyber wolves from being a decent choice, to just being utter crap.

I hope the digital book gets updates before lists are due, but I'll hold off on buying them for now then...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 pm 

Quote:
Summary is the rules.

Its in the book.

How often, during a game, do we look at both the 'rules' and 'the summary' in a game?

Do we now have to proof check EVERY 7th ed codex, comparing the summaries to the rules entries to ensure every single stat is the same throughout?

I don't think the unit entry is any more or less 'official' than the summary at the back.

I'll leave it up to Luke to decide for his event, since thats what im talking wolves too.

Whatever you wanna do Luke is fine, just let me know in a week or so after you think it over/gather feedback so I dont buy something I wont need. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:04 pm 

OH, another one:

Digital Dark Angels still says their forcefield projector doesnt project from tanks anymore.

The paper book still says it does.

The FAQ has been removed. Does digital codex trump paperback codex now the FAQ is gone? Paperback is still being sold at GW stores.

(I don't think Digital Dark Angels has been updated post 7th)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
It is apparently from the mark up price you pay for a Cyberwolf (almost double the price) that you are paying for more than just the 1 attack increase and a slightly better save.

(16 pt Cyberwolf vs 8 pt Fenrisian )

And as Iron Priests are solo units, and only they can get them, I think its obvious the intend is that you buy cyberwolves for them, so they dont lose that t5 when with them alone (otherwise majority T4 kicks in). Plus GW has a history of 'cyber' giving you extra toughness.

I can understand if thats the way you want to go, there isnt much we can do, but it moves cyber wolves from being a decent choice, to just being utter crap.

I hope the digital book gets updates before lists are due, but I'll hold off on buying them for now then...
First up, wolf packs can get them, not just iron priests. Second, he is T4. The only 'loss' would be if you thunder wolf mount him. Thirdly, you pay 10 points for +1 LD and A on a grey hunter pack leader so I hardly think the 8 point increase from wolf to cyber wolf is unprecedented in fact it's actually what you get over a standard wolf for the same price

As for a history of cyber giving you T increase... Really? In that case history means my avatar should be Much better than he is. History has no bearing on the current codex

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:16 pm 

Quote:
OH, another one:

Digital Dark Angels still says their forcefield projector doesnt project from tanks anymore.

The paper book still says it does.

The FAQ has been removed. Does digital codex trump paperback codex now the FAQ is gone? Paperback is still being sold at GW stores.

(I don't think Digital Dark Angels has been updated post 7th)
No it does not. The paper version says nothing about is projecting. The digital include more info is all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:25 pm 

Not to mention Njal Staff is S2 :roll: