[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
7th Ed WH40K rules ??? - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:14 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 pm 

C'mon a deepstriking Avatar is pretty awesome. I was writing the list and thinking "Okay, i've got fire dragons for melta, and wraithguard to remove infantry. What else should I deep strike? Avatar. Definitely Avatar."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29 pm 

I know it be awesome thats why I made the comment. =)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:26 pm 

With the new FAQ out there is a new herald of Tzeentch called an exalted flamer of Tzeentch , would he get the other option of war gear as the other heralds of Tzeentch. It makes no mention either way. I say yes as if you were to summon one how do you spend the up grade points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:50 pm 

Id say so, says it counts as a herald in the battlefield role.

So by the sounds of it your going be doing a summoning daemons army hey Mark. That sounds like fun...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm 

Quote:
So by the sounds of it your going be doing a summoning daemons army hey Mark. That sounds like fun...
Well, at least it's not a screamer-star...

oh (censored), I just broke a window in my glass house

Mark's flying circus army did get hit with the nerf-bat, so I don't mind at all.

That said, doesn't the wording for Sacrifice state Herald of X? Meaning you could only summon a regular herald, rather than an Exalted Herald?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm 

You can make a pretty good Demon list that acts as a Screamerstar or a Summoning list depending on matchup.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
BOOOOO!

Thats annoying. I'd just written up an Eldar Corsairs army list. For those that don't know - a Corsair Prince (if warlord) allows you to select up to three units from his force organisation chart, which can now deep strike.

I had grand plans of deep striking; Fire Dragons, D-Scythe Wraithguard, and an Avatar. It would have been awesome.
It would NOT have been awesome!

.....unless I or someone else was running Coteaz, an you deep struck near him......
Bahaha!

You're evil, Matt :D

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Well, at least it's not a screamer-star...

oh (censored), I just broke a window in my glass house

Mark's flying circus army did get hit with the nerf-bat, so I don't mind at all.

That said, doesn't the wording for Sacrifice state Herald of X? Meaning you could only summon a regular herald, rather than an Exalted Herald?
It doe state it is a herald of Tzeentch.
Quote:
You can make a pretty good Demon list that acts as a Screamerstar or a Summoning list depending on matchup.
True but the exalted herald of Tzeentch on a disc of Tzeentch for the relentless rule so it can move and shoot could be interesting too. Ranged D weapons are a real problem thou as chaos don't have to many good ranged options and FMC of chaos don't have the best availability to ranged weapons other than Slannesh and my stuff ain't Slannesh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 pm 

Quote:
With the new FAQ out there is a new herald of Tzeentch called an exalted flamer of Tzeentch , would he get the other option of war gear as the other heralds of Tzeentch. It makes no mention either way. I say yes as if you were to summon one how do you spend the up grade points
I don't think he has access to the upgrades since he isn't actually a herald of Tzeentch, he is only in the heralds section because he is an independent character yet isn't the same stature as the MC characters.

Being in the herald section doesn't necessarily mean they're a herald either, take karanak for example.

Just my two cents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm 

Quote:
It doe state it is a herald of Tzeentch
Well it actually says it "counts as one herald" for the purposes of how many you could take, i.e. you could take 4 of them as they only count as 1 of your 4 heralds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:00 am 

i had a look today but I cant seem to find it.

what cover save do fortifications (as in the buildings themselves) give? in 6th i believe it was a 3+ cover save. I cannot seem to find this written anywhere in the 7th rule book or stronghold. Am I to assume that because it is not listed that it will only give a 5+?

this seems a little counter intuitive as it means that taking cover behind a built for purpose defensive structure gives less cover than a pile of debris that used to be your shed...

can anyone help me out on this one?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:37 am 

It's all covered in the battlefield terrain section...

It was never 3+ by the way...

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:47 am 

Quote:
It's all covered in the battlefield terrain section...

It was never 3+ by the way...

uhh yes it was, pg 18 of the mini rule book for 6th has a table with fortifications specifically mentioned as 3+ cover.

as far as I can tell the 7th rule book doesnt have anything remotely like this, even in the battlefield terrain section.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:09 pm 

It's there - mostly as 4+ saves. I have the ebook so page number won't help you...

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm 

Quote:
It's there - mostly as 4+ saves. I have the ebook so page number won't help you...
from what I can tell that is in reference to ruins and ruined buildings, not un-ruined fortifications. the only thing that is somewhat similar is in the imperial statuary with its 3+ save, this would be a left over from the fortification rules in 6th.

for example in 6th if I had a tank >25% behind a bastion, I would get a 3+ cover save. as far as I can tell in as there is no specific rule for the cover save granted by the bastion I am to assume it is a 5+, making it a worse save than some ruins....

is there is a specific section that you (or anyone) can reference to me, beyond "its in there" that tells me what save the tank in the above situation would get? I cant seem to find it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next