It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Azog's white warg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 pm 

just wondering what people think with regards to azog's warg as it has might will and fate can that be used by azog's benefit if he is riding it?

Post subject: Re: Azog's white warg
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:27 pm 

Its situational and rather tricky ruling for the model/s as there aren't any other hero mounts in the game.

A couple of things I could think of
- Fate would only be able to used on the Warg and Azog individually as they are still to separate heroes with separate wound profiles.
- Will can be used interchangeably to resist magic as it targets the entire model. I see this goes for courage tests as well as only one test is take for both the rider and mount together.
- other models wouldn't benefit from a heroic move/ march by the white warg unless they themselves are a warg (see Pack Master rule), however Azog if mounted on the White Warg would still be able to move about by himself on the warg as they move as one.
- Azog still benefits from a heroic combat/ heroic strike called by the white warg as they move/fight as one. other models wouldn't as per Pack Master rule.

So essentially you have "One" mounted hero with 6 Might and 4 Will making mounted Azog one of the most devastating heroes on the charge in the game.
what is it like 8 attacks he can put on a single model in combat if he wins on the charge while mounted?

Screw Sauron I gotta get me an Azog. In fact now that I think about, Azog could probably rather easily beat Sauron with 6 might points up his sleave wounding on a 3+ LOL :lol:.

That's just what i can think off the top of my head at the moment I hope it helps Ted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:16 am 

Thanks tony apparently this is how they do it over in England

It's definitely a grey area and is confusing because it's the only model in the game where the rider and mount both have M/W/F. There's no official answer from GW yet but here's how we ruled it for the GBHL Community FAQ. This isn't by any means official but it's what made the most sense to us and is the way Azog is used in UK tournaments. I hope it's useful.

Azog on the White Warg

When Azog is riding the White Warg we enter a unique situation in SBG in that both the rider and the mount have Might, Will and Fate, this creates a surprising number of confusing issues which are all dealt with below:

The White Warg's Packmaster rule means his Heroic Moves/Marches and Combats only affect him and other Wargs. Can the White Warg use a point of Might to call a Heroic Move/March/Combat whilst Azog is riding him without forcing Azog to dismount? Yes

The White Warg's Packmaster rule means that his Heroic Move/Marches/Combats only affect him and other Wargs, If the White Warg uses a point of Might to call a Heroic Move/March/Combat whilst Azog is riding him, does With me/At the Double/the Heroic Combat affect models that aren't Wargs? Yes, as long as Azog is riding the White Warg, you may use the White Warg’s Might for Heroic Moves/Marches and Combats as if they were Azog’s. The Packmaster rule only comes into play if Azog dismounts from the White Warg at any point. Note that you still need to make a note of whether Azog or the White Warg used the Might point in case they are later separated!
If The White Warg uses a Might point to call a Heroic Strike does he have to add the D6 to his own fight value or can he use Azog's? He has to use his own Fight value

Can you use the White Warg and Azog's Might interchangeably and in combination to boost a jump/leap/climb/Duel/To Wound/Resist/Courage Test etc. roll? Yes. For all of these situations, treat Azog on the White Warg as a single model with 6 Might. Note that you still need to make a note of whether Azog or the White Warg used the Might point in case they are later separated!

If Azog on White Warg is targeted by an enemy spell can you use the White Warg's Will and/or combine the White Warg’s Will with Azog's and roll them together to resist it? Similarly, if Azog fails a courage roll, can he use the White Warg’s Will and/or combine his Will point with that of the White Warg’s to pass it? Yes, for all intents and purposes treat Azog on the White Warg as 1 model with 4 Will. Note that you still need to make a note of whether Azog or the White Warg used the Will point in case they are later separated

Can you use Azog's Fate point to prevent a wound on the White Warg and vice versa? No

If Azog fails a Fate roll when, can you use the White Warg's Might to boost it to a pass (and vice versa)? No

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 am 

That all makes perfect sense, to the degree I expect that's how it will eventually be FAQed.
It does make this an unusually potent model, that's a Boromir level of might with a weapon better than Aragorn's Anduril and one of the game's best mounts. Fortunately he's priced to match the stats :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 am 

I concur good sir!