[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
State of Origin and WA Open - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:15 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:27 pm 

I wasnt far from claiming last sandgroper with Dark Elves. I had some terrible luck in two of my games where every dice roll was against me even the law of averages was looking down its nose at me.

I disagree with you Frosty regarding the Amazons power. They all have S3 with 4 natural 'Blodgers'. In the Sandgroper format you can effectively take 10 'Blodgers' from your basic lineup + Zara = 11 'Blodgers'. Id personally take Roxanna Darknail with 10 Blodgers and 4 team re-rolls.

So yes their sole weakness is Dwarf with a side order of Chaos Dwarf. But what about the other 21 teams? In a rookie team, 10-11 Blodgers = f**king nightmare if you are playing with something like Human/Orc/Chaos/any elf etc etc.

Personally at rookie level, Dwarf are probably the best bashers with Amazons a close second. They can outbash pretty much every other team. Happy to show you what im talking about too.

2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Best General
2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:03 am 

Agreed, I think zons can do well in this format. I took them to 6th place 2 years ago, and agree that Roxy is a better option than Zara IMO.

However I did lose to Frosty's dwarves that year, mainly due to a certain instance of Roxy meeting a chainsaw.... :roll:

WWW.SOULRAVEN.COM
WWW.BRAWLBB.COM
Official MERCS Black Ops Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 am 

For example i took 4 Dark Elf Blitzers to Sandgroper with 'Blodge' and they were absolute stars. They rarely got knocked over and they were all over my opponents hitting and being hit lots. Obviously when they did go down having AV8 is obviously better as well as the AG4 and Dark Elf movement isnt that much better but i would trade all of that in a heart beat for a whole team of Blodgers rather than just 4 players.

Sure they cant play the ball quite as well, but they have far more re-rolls than my 1 team reroll available to them and with their ability to stay on their feet longer means i dont have to resort to massive risks to move the ball along.

2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Best General
2012 Ultimates Warhammer - Champion