It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:05 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:39 am 

Quote:
Napoleonics had a bar when it was at the Italian Club, I think it does now too. PMGG is at the German Club and has a bar, and food as well. Must be something about historical games and beer!
It's those old blokes, they've got the priorities in order.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:28 pm 

I think its dilution of the community we are seeing. Heading to clubs there are generally good/decent numbers, but they are often broken up into goups of <10, and normally <5 people playing half a dousen systems (at least at Outpost, TGA, and NWS that seems to be the case). I presume there is a decent showing at the various GW games evenings as well (there was last year), a fair few people have seemingly vanished from the forums and clubs post AoS........I assume they are playing games at GW rather than not playing anything at all. Just a guess though.

Facebook is also a pain. Its good for quick talking, but the turnover of info sees good stuff get lost fast. e.g. there was a great 'tactics against flyers' chain on the kings of war facebook page a couple of weeks ago......I'd have no chnace of finding it now though since it burried under 10,000 random 'heres a painted unit' posts. I also had no idea the group existed before Oldone put in in touch with it.

Last edited by Boothy Baby on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 am 

You also have GG joondalup and the gaming lodge in wanneroo for NOR LGS

Proud member of the west coast brewers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:24 am 

Location: Underneath Parliament House with a lot of explosives
It's sad to see TGA go, but I completely understand why.

Having gone to PAX last weekend, I can tell ya that GW stuff is alive and well. There was a 30K tournament, I saw Age of Sigmar being played a fair bit and lots of 40K.

I also saw Infinity, Warmachine, Batman and played a game of Dystopian Wars (set up with a guy from Shepparton, Vic) over there. I will say that whilst the painting showed a great deal of diversity in who was trying it out- men, women, different ages, etc., there was a trend amongst who was actually playing and it was mostly thirty-something guys (although some younger types playing Age of Sigmar). I personally think one of the issues with our hobby is that we do tend to gravitate towards a fairly homogeneous group of people. It can be intimidating for others to get involved. No, I am not looking for a fight on this, just saying after walking through with some friends that didn't meet the archetype.

And now http://store.steampowered.com/app/540010

Current Status: Being a fierce game dev warrior.