It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:28 pm 

Hey all KoW players,

I am thoroughly sold on this game and wanting to do a Basillean army.

Would people be ok with these being elohi (angels), considering that flying can be phasing/floating/big jumps/teleporting in the rules?

or would I have to stick some wings on them (or use the already winged persecutors?)

also would this be ok for a dragon along the same lines? or again does it need the wing treatment?

cheers
Olly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 pm 

Works for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 pm 

The Lord on Dragon proxy looks great. It also looks about the right size for its base (this is preferable as if it has to be put on a larger base this is disadvantageous to you in the game). If it were mine I'd put wings on it (I did the same with a Gryphon mini last year and it was a fun conversion to do and now looks the part, even if the base is a bit long).

WRT Elohi proxies - the Mantic Elohi model stands about 50mm high, or about double the size of a typical ground-pounder. So you might want to consider using a proxy of a similar size. If these guys (or the winged persecutors) are big enough they will be fine else they will look a bit lost on a 40mm square base (although you could always mount them on a 15-20mm high terrain base to make them look imposing). They'd look much more the part with wings (you can get reasonably cheap wings through Reaper if you go down that path). On the topic of Angelic proxies Reaper also produce several types of Angels that may also be suitable.

There are no hard and fast rules on proxies so it is entirely between you and your opponent as to what is acceptable. However, you may want to consider modeling them using relatively large/tall minis with wings for competitive tourneys, particularly to be eligible to score modelling points. What is acceptable as a proxy will of course vary between TO's. From my own perspective I try to use proxies that closely resemble the unit description given the amount of time and effort I put into modelling and painting my minis (and the cost of course).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:41 pm 

They work for me. IIRC elohi are basileans only large infantry right? so won't be hard to tell what they are. Though the flighing versions of course work much better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm 

Quote:
IIRC elohi are basileans only large infantry right?
Yep, spot on. So they sit upon 40mm square bases and come in units of 3 (Regiment) or 6 (Horde).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
IIRC elohi are basileans only large infantry right?
Yep, spot on. So they sit upon 40mm square bases and come in units of 3 (Regiment) or 6 (Horde).
Cool. So these should be fairly clear then, being substantially larger than your standard human sized model.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 am 

I would use the persecutors for Elohi as they definitely suit better (when I first saw them I had to do a double take!), I think the dragon could work as it looks like a warp fiend thing. It looks like it can phase shift around the place. I would clearly label and make obvious to your opponent.

As Dragons always come with Fly you won't run into problems like a Slasher has, it can be taken with or without Fly so therefore has to be modelled. You could call this some sort of phase dragon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 am 

I personally would prefer that they had wings. I'm doing Basileans too and was looking at these guys to use by adding wings to their backs or just using the ones that already have wings. I think the dragon would be cool but again I think it would be much better with wings. I know you can convert them better than just about anyone :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:00 pm 

Thanks for the feedback guys :D I got my hand sin some of the minis in the flesh and I've decided to go with the winged persecutors for the Elohi (Angels) as the Paladins are the same size as the liberators (still huge though)

I will be adding wings to the dragon proxy just hope the ones I have in mind aren't too big.

Now to finalise my list and order some bases :mrgreen: