It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 pm 

I am looking into getting some 6x4 "mousepad" battlemats but I don't know what to look for/who makes good ones. I am tossing up whether to sand back my textured boards and paint them green (40k boards) or to just lay a mat over the top. I know Matt Shadowlord has one around.

I have the old GW 6x4 battlemat but it is quite flimsy and I have had to repair rips so i was looking for something a bit more sturdy and in a green/forest type.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:09 pm 

I have one from a EU company and am negotiating getting the AUS licence to resell them locally right now!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 pm 

Quote:
I have one from a EU company and am negotiating getting the AUS licence to resell them locally right now!

OOO please keep us updated on this!! Id be keen on one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm 

the amount of times i have seen this add ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVE1Y7D6dDI

and here is the link to the store,

http://austore.frontlinegaming.org/

dont have one, havent seen one in person, but from what i have seen on the internet and from reviews they look like they might be worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:21 am 

Thanks guys :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:04 am 

Mine is a Frontline gaming mat, and apart from looking great it is also the nicest playing surface I've ever used. It's got just enough bounce for dice, but also excellent grip for models since has a fine texture.
I have the Alpine and will probably get the Grassy one next. The urban ruin is also really nice.

They do cost a bit more if ordered locally, but if you factor in postage it's probably about the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

We do a full segment with Frontline Gaming where we cover the mats in detail (as well as a few other things) on the next episode of World End Radio. Look out for it soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:05 pm 

I recently got my Grassy Plains matt from Frontline Gaming in the mail, and it is absolutely beautiful. The mat itself is very thin, but has a rubbery underside to prevent it from sliding around on the table. Its also decently heavy, so there is virtually no risk that someone is going to accidentally catch the edge of the mat on a belt buckle or whatever and smash the contents of the table across the floor.

I only have 2 bad things to say about them:

1. Shipping is a b*tch! It cost me about $100 for the mat itself and then $70 to get it shipped to Perth! :evil:

2. Mine arrived with a couple of creases in it, and I have yet to figure out how to remove them. I havent yet worked out if these things are iron-safe, and I dont want to test it by taking a hot iron to my $170 mat! :cry:

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

The safest way to iron something that you're not sure is iron safe (like t-shirts with prints on them) is to put a piece of canvas over the top of them and iron it on low heat, checking it every couple of passes to ensure that nothing is going wrong.

Otherwise, try leaving it rolled or flat for a while and see if the crease naturally relaxes out of the material.

Contacting frontline for advice would be a smart move too - I'm sure they'd have some product care experience to share.