It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Taubad's Hobby Blog
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm 

I've been doing a lot of painting in recent times and would like to share some pics of various armies in my collection. I play LoTR, WoTR, KoW, and FoW (and am ex-40K as well) and will start with an excerpt from a large army of Undead which is pretty much complete. My Undead army comprises mostly Mantic Kings of War minis with a few really beautiful resin models from Games Workshop and Avatars of War. I painted my Undead army over a 12 month period and it boasts over 740 miniatures. Yes, it is huge and yes it is absolutely savage in battle. I have themed the army on the British regimental system and each regiment has its own colours which I digitised and printed for inclusion on the models.

So here for your enjoyment are a few examples of my Udead army which I refer to as 'Viscount Bllodimir's Nightmare Horde'. The following pictures show the management team in its various forms. Line of Battle units will follow shortly.

Post subject: Re: Taubad's Hobby Blog
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:47 pm 

Morgoth the faceless is lookin like one scarey customer. The collections you've got up on the photobucket are just epic I mean 700+ miniatues in 12 months is awesome you must be a speed painting machine. :shock:

Good to know that there is another Lotr/Hobbit SBG/WotR player out and about. I'm slowly slowly building my Isegnard to be super-super sized enough for WotR at like 200 uruks. though with all my moria stuff, monsters manily i have about 4-5000pts in total all put together me thinks. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:27 pm 

Cheers Tony, thanks for your positive feedback. and I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the pics. As you can see from the photobucket links I also have a similarly mighty Gondor Army which is very well suited to ridiculously large WoTR games and a big Uruk host sounds like a great challenge to me. I have not had a crack at Hobbit-SBG but have that on my list of near-term goals to have a look at so I will certainly take you up on the offer of a game once back in Perth.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:03 pm 

Been a while since I used this thread (I seem to post my painting in other threads most of the time, so time to change that). So, I thought it might be a good place to post up latest painting - I'm getting back into Bolt Action with another Slow Grow League using Bolt Action V2 Rules, this time at Good Games Cannington (starting this Wednesday). Sort of a ramp-up League in preparation for the Southern Hemisphere Open in September (can't wait for that one - cheers to the organisers!). Anyway, here are my first test minis - 4 x US Marines with Thompson's. More to follow. Hope you like them.